wow LT - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

wow LT

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Azrael » Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:24 pm

terpfan wrote:
Azrael wrote:
terpfan wrote:LT is great but who would u sit: lewis, holmes, or portis? whoever u sit is a snub...

If I had to sit someone, I would probably sit Jamal. I think the only reason he is there is because he leads the league in rushing.

haha really? is that the reason... :-?

id probably have to sit portis for LT... close tho, and i cant really fault the voters for the choice they made.

Lewis is a good runningback but not near the runningback that Holmes, Portis, and LT are, epecially the last 2. Jamal is a power back on a highly run oriented team that was up against about as piss poor a run defensive schedule as you can get. Like I said before, he is a same type of running back that Stephen Davis is and Jerome Bettis was and these types of guys need a certain offense to flourish in to do well where guys like LT, Portis, A. Green, Faulk, McAllister, and James, could do well anywhere, and these guys I named are all better runningbacks than Lewis. If the line can't get Lewis the first 2 yards so he can get a head of steam going, he doesn't do anything. LT, Portis, and Holmes to a lesser extent can all create something out of nothing from time to time.

Consider this, if you take Holmes, Portis, Lewis, and LT and would put them in each others' offenses, who would do the best in any situation? All of them would do well at KC and Baltimore. These teams both have good lines. Denver's line is good but light and sometimes they tend to more so shade the defensive players than outright block them. The holes aren't open as long, which requires a speedy, shiftier, explosive type of back like Portis or LT. San Diego sucks so you need the most complete player there. That would be LT, Portis and Holmes are kind of a push, and then Lewis.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bolts801 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:57 pm

Ya Farve.. just a measly 20 picks so far this season, not to mention a handfull of fumbles. 27TD's and 2800 yards. QB rating 86. probably in 70's until game against SD.

hassle, 24 TD's, 12 pickts. 3500 yards and QB rating of 90.

not arguing .. just saying :)

hmmmmm why farve?

Da Name!
bolts801
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby VHawk15 » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:00 am

Yeah, and those numbers for Hasselbeck are before his game against Arizona in Seattle.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:38 am

I think any year a RB who may put up 2000 yards rushing and doesn't make the probowl would be a great injustice.

He ONLY leads the league in rushing? Only 1 guy per season can do that, and that's a great achievement in and of itself, especially considering how many quality RBs there are in the league.

If I were to sit someone, it'd be Portis. I think talent wise, he is only #2 to LT, but one measure of a good RB is the ability to be a workhorse. Sure you can't blame Portis's injuries this year on him, but that's just one of those intangibles that seperates a great RB from Rashaan Salaam.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bolts801 » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:45 am

Yeah, and those numbers for Hasselbeck are before his game against Arizona in Seattle.

Exactly! That I forgot to mention. :) Good point.

edited.

Ooops your talking about week 2? I thought you meant, he'll probably be even better ranked after this upcoming week against AZ in week 16.

If so, on the flipside.. farve's numbers are after his bludgeoning of my bolts at SD. So it evens out.
bolts801
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TTTBone » Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:07 am

Okay, I think we all agree Hasselbeck got shafted here. Not saying Favre deserved it, but in his defense, the guy did throw four more TD's than Hasselbeck (and one less than Manning), and his rating was 86.3 compared to 89 for Hasselbeck (pretty much even). However, Hass' had much better yardage, and 8 fewer int.'s. I just don't think the people calling out Favre, and saying he's not even top 5 NFC have any clue. The guy's been playing with a broken thumb in his throwing hand for six weeks, and is still a top 5 QB, unhealthy. Because of WR injuries, he's been basically playing with a recieving crew by committee all year, and an offense now designed around Ahman Green, and still is only one TD off Peyton Manning's lead leading 28 TD tosses. Here's the thing though, brain-lock - throw into double/triple coverage when the team is losing. Holmgren was able to corral Favre's high risk tendancies in, making him the Hall of Fame QB he is. Sherman defers to Favre and allows him to revert to his high-risk tendancies. Hard to tell a Hall of Famer how to play the game, but Sherman needs to let Favre know 20 int's is completely unacceptable, no matter who you are.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby DiRtY BuCs » Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:45 am

until Hasselback shows me that he can win on the road i wouldnt put him in Pro Bowl. Pro Bowl isnt in Seattle so he woulda sucked had he gone... SIT HASSELBACK DOWN!!!! but sit Favre down as well.... RETIRE OLD MAN!!!!!!
DiRtY BuCs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:15 am

Favre most certainly didn't desevre to be a probowler. Yes he played with a broken thumb, but what have his excuses been over the last few years? He is a high risk QB who does throw into double and triple coverage, so his stats will be skewed. But the probowl is a stat driven award. Hasselbeck should've been given the nod over Favre.
As for LT, isn't it funny how a guy who has been ripped often this season by many posters is suddenly being dissed by not getting a invite? Maybe the voters were reading from forums like the Cafe` and didn't realize that he may be the best back in the game. Does anyone catch and run as well as he?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Football Talk