Some managers have no class! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Some managers have no class!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Some managers have no class!

Postby 4Pack » Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:39 am

I am the commish in a private league and one our newest and youngest members (a rookie too Fantasy games) finished last in the league and out of the playoffs. After the regular season ended he dropped his players from his lineup for some dang reason.

Okay....no problem I thought...I will just lock everyones roster too not allow any pickups of these players. I informed the league that once you agreed too not pick up any of these players...I would then unlock their team and allow them too pcikup and drop players. Everyone agreed too leave the players on the Free Agent list and I immediately unlocked everyones team again.

Lo and fricken behold...one of the managers picked up one of those players anyway. He just told me that he thought I was being an "ass" for not allowing those players too be picked up.

Now...their is not a damn thing I can do about it. All I can do is hope that he get's his ass beat anyway. (BTW...the guy is playing for 5th place).

What the hell ever happened too managers that have a little integrity?
4Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:47 am

That's pretty sad. Looks like you'll have a spot to fill next year in your league. At least he isn't playing for the championship.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Purple_Pride » Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:45 am

good to see that peoples word means absolutely nothing. ;-7
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby MMH » Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:21 am

I am sick of reading about this.

can ANYBODY please explain to me why these idiots drop their players? Just one valid reason will do me. I really do not understand it.

If I came in last place I would just think "oh well" and leave it. I may even be pissed off but not once would i think "oh dropping my players would be a good thing to do"

Its retarded and illogical.

And as for anybody who picks these people up. They are just as bad. You can see that there is something wrong when a team drops ALL their players. They really should wait for some kind of ruling by the commish.

Then again maybe the Commish is corrupt....

Humans are stupid basically
MMH
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby moochman » Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:32 am

MMH wrote:I am sick of reading about this.

can ANYBODY please explain to me why these idiots drop their players? Just one valid reason will do me. I really do not understand it. Humans are stupid basically

I can understand why someone would if they are immature and angry at the performance of their squad. Some dolts just don't look beyond themselves to see how they're actions impact others. Humans are basically stupid, and that is magnified when they are also egocentric.
Now I admit to wanting to drop a player this week just as a childish inefective form of punishment, but worry that he will be picked up by a team playing for a title and have a great game. So rot on my bench Plaxico, you good for nothin' co...

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby altproject » Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:27 pm

can't you as commish just remove that "illegal" player from the owner's team that picked him up? not sure what site you're using, but on cbs sportsline, the commish can perform add/drops for any team in the league.
20 Team League | 11-3 | 5th Place
--------------------------------------------
Q: Kitna, Flutie
R: Henry, Portis, T. Jones, Rudi, Griffin, Burns
W: Chambers, Ward
T: Shockey
K: Elling
D: Bills
altproject
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Canacuna » Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:21 pm

A team in my league dropped all of his players. Everyone asked the commish what we should all do - keep them on the wire, or start placing bids. The commish never responded in time, so just about everyone put in claims. The commish ended up picking up a player or two. Kind of ruined the "work" done to get into the playoffs...

The only "good" reason, if there is one, is when you're proving a point with a corrupt league over your displeasure. I would still be upset if someone did that, but at least I would (hopefully) understand why the team chose to do so.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:50 am

You get what you pay for at Yahoo.

Get a 12-team league for a Commissioner product (recommend Sportsline) and have everyone pay $10.

Friendliness: %

Postby 4Pack » Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:00 am

Yep...I am in a Yahoo league...and the manager in his "preferences" options does not allow the commissioner too make changes too his roster.

Bad thing about all this is that...the manager at fault here is a co-worker of mine. In my wildest dreams I would never have guessed that he would do this. Have known him for 3 years and he always seemed like a person with integrity. LOL...boy was I fooled!

Oh well...guess I will be in search of a new manager next season.
4Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk