Roster Help!: Injuries are killing me! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Roster Help!: Injuries are killing me!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Roster Help!: Injuries are killing me!

Postby SuperCafone » Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:46 pm

Ok guys I am very happy I made the playoffs, last week I benched F.Taylor, Faulk and McAllister to give a chance to my new acquisitions: Dee Brown and Fisher, mainly because I am still on the road and didnt have time to be here in the forum for advice and injury report so I just started the sure starting guys. Fortunately I came off with a win, I am the 1st seed with 11-3 unfortunately I go against the #4 seed who is the best team in points, I would rather face the #2 or#3 seed but this team happened to be in my division so when I won the division he became automatically the #4 seed.
Now if you check my roster (hospital) you can see how ugly my chances are.
QB- A. Brooks (Fiedler, Kitna, Bulger)
RB-M.Faulk,McAllister(F.Taylor,D.Brown,T.Fisher)
WR- Moulds, Rice
TE- B.Franks
K - Janikowski
D - Eagles

My rivals lineup is:
Brady
P.Holmes (Stewart/Alstott)
Chad Johnson, Rod Smith
Tony Gonzalez
M.Gramatica
Tampa Bay

Shannon Sharpe is on waivers I am considering picking him up cause Bubba didnt do much the past week, but dont know who to drop or what to do, cause I do not know who will be playing this sunday. Does someone know anything new of Brooks?McAllister? You might think I am crazy but I was considering dropping M.Faulk for Sharpe. Oh God what to do, what will happen, do I get Fenderson? Can Jon Kitna carry my team or is Fiedler/Bulger coming back with great numbers? Is Stacey Mack gonna do the scoring? So many questions so little time, I am were I am thanks to you guys and all the great advice I have gotten from the Guru's during my awesome year of introduction to fantasy football. I have chanted, ranted, cried and joyed. The crown is two weeks ahead.....please help! please...... :-o
solo c'è la vittoria
SuperCafone
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lushcrush » Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:13 pm

I like your team. Here is what I would do if it was mine:
Keep it just like it is except:
Play Taylor instead of Faulk at RB
Last week McAllister torched me for 29, and I noticed Taylor scored 21. You got a possible 50 point backfield ... woo woo. Faulk is hurt.
I predict you win this week. Especially if your opponent plays James Stewart at RB. He is the kiss of death for his owners this year. I like your receivers better and maybe TB won't jump up and score a bunch on defense.
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dazedncnfz » Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:22 pm

Honestly I have to I like your roster too. I happen to have some of the same players on my team(Brooks, Taylor, Eagles, and had Jan but dropped him for Vin.) I would go with Duece and Taylor and leave the rest be. You will be able to weather the storm that is Holmes and pull off this victory. Trust in Brooks, I know he past couple of weeks have been low but last week he ws pulled and the week before he played hurt against TB and didn't thorw a int(TB avg 3 picks a game) and 2 TDs. Fielder is coming around ( BTW I had him too!) Bulger is just coming back give him time and Kitna well do you really need 4 QBs? If I had to drop anyone to make room for Sharpe it would be him. I do like Franks, Farve does too! and This wek in SF Garcia and Farve will be throwing to everyone is site.

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SuperCafone » Thu Dec 12, 2002 12:17 am

Thank you guys for the replies, the thing is if Brooks will play a complete match if he does start, or do I start another guy, now Kitna has done great in the past seven weeks so I dont know about letting him go. McAllister played really great last week, the problem is that I just hate to see he is questionable cause you never know if he will start, and I read that the Mack is gone, dont know why this is posted in different fantasy football leagues.... I hope this is true, and does someone else think something different about my lineup, do I really start Franks instead of Sharpe if I can get him. I think Kitna might do better than Brooks but who knows....this is troubling
solo c'è la vittoria
SuperCafone
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SuperCafone » Thu Dec 12, 2002 5:32 pm

anyone else? come on guys!
;-D
solo c'è la vittoria
SuperCafone
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby thelongestyard » Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:10 pm

Definately start Taylor over Faulk. Faulk looks to be facing limited action the rest of the year. Sharpe would be a good pickup and starter this week. Would drop one of your QB's...probably Kitna, maybe Fiedler. Need to decide if Fiedler is actually healthy enough to help you, or if Kitna will play complete games. Duece has been playing well with his injury, so I would not sweat it, unless it gets worse. Defenses are even, Kickers same, Sharpe looks like he may be more like another receiver with R.Smith struggling. Sharpe had a nice game last week. May be something to look forward to more with Griese trying to come back. I think Bulger would match up better with Brady, but that is a judgement call. On a personal note, I need Holmes to have a monster game for my lineup, but hopefully Stewart/Alstott will struggle to compensate for you. I like your chances. The Best of Luck to You!!!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
thelongestyard
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Dec 12, 2002 9:00 pm

Brooks is a good play but may get benched if they get a big lead.Bulger is set for a big game with his match-up but could have a little rust.Deuce & Taylor should start for you,McAllister is all better now it seems.I'd maybe try to get Sharpe but I'd play Bubba this week.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SuperCafone » Fri Dec 13, 2002 11:28 am

Thank you guys for the replies I will make the calls accordingly, its just that my fantasy football page is so dramatic with the injury report, seven players on my team have little red crosses next to their names, so it makes me paranoid cause it seems no one is playing this playoff sunday!
;-D
solo c'è la vittoria
SuperCafone
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk