Is this collusion??? I think so.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is this collusion??? I think so....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Spidey » Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:32 pm

I feel your pain, this is wrong!!! Same sorta thing happenned in my league only it's not akeeper and no money involved. :-/
They say insanity is a great defense and a good offense is a good defense and a good defense is a good offense and... this is insane.
Spidey
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

please reply, i need to make a case here

Postby Need2Win » Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:38 pm

yeah, anonymous was me.

the only problem here is that nobody else really cares enough to do anything. the commish obviously doesn't care because he hasn't responded to any posts that I've made.

the only person who responds to the posts is the guy i think cheated and he defends it as a fair move and resorts to name calling and such.

further, this guy already collected 50 bucks for the regular season best record and now is going for the 250 bucks in the super bowl - if he can beat me this week. It pisses me off.

BTW here's my lineup and here's his tell me if you think that the Johnson thing will affect the outcome at all

ME QB - Favre
RB- Holmes
RB- Edgerrin James or William Green
WR - Terrell Owens
WR - Donte Stallworth or Darrell Jackson
TE - Jolley
K - Vinatieri
D - NYJets vs. the Bears

Him QB - Johnson
RB - McAllister
RB - Bennett
WR - Toomer
WR - Moss
TE - Gonzo
K - Akers
D - New England
Need2Win
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Spidey » Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:48 pm

I think his pick-up of Johnson will cancel the points that holmes gets you.

The rest of your line-up looks pretty close with the exception of his D, I think that will be the difference.

Good luck
They say insanity is a great defense and a good offense is a good defense and a good defense is a good offense and... this is insane.
Spidey
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Arlo » Thu Dec 12, 2002 3:08 pm

Without Johnson you're probably the favorite, with Johnson it's close.

That's beside the point, though. The point is that this sort of thing shouldn't happen in any league, whether you're playing for money or not. hard to see how the move can be defended as being fair...

Whether the commish cares or not, you'd think that at least the other playoff teams would have something to say about this...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dude » Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:55 am

Pretty clear-cut that this is suspicious at least, if not outright cheating. Personally, if it is true that the commish and everyone else don't care, I would find another league. If this is allowed to happen, why won't it happen next year, and the year after?

In my league, the commish's brother dropped a player for so the commish could pick him up. I jumped his case and he rescinded the transaction. It was my way of saying that if they value my participation in the league, it has to be run completely above board. I was not even in the same division or competing against the commish. It just sets a very bad precedent if allowed.

Also, I heard that other players were quietly as upset as I was, they just didn't want to rock the boat.
Dude

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Football Talk