Farve Is out - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Farve Is out

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:27 pm

I'd be very surprised if Favre missed the game. Of course he needs to be with family as soon as possible, but he has not missed a start in like 190 games. I'm sure his family will convince him to start if he wavers at all. No way would his dad want him to miss this game.

Personally, I'm sure I would be in no shape to do much of anything after something like that. Favre will probably play and do his dad proud.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bolts801 » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:35 am

You know, I can see Favre still starting the game and "doin' it for Daddy." He is such a competitor and he got that from somewhere - likely his father, like most of us did.

I'm guessing that will happen too.

I feel bad now for yuck yucking farve all these years now. :(

Rest In Peace Farve Sr.
bolts801
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby vasco75 » Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:09 am

According to ESPN, Favre will start tonight...
Thank you Patriots for the 2 Super Bowl Championships!!!

Now if we could only do something about those Red Sox...
vasco75
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Farve Is out

Postby Dazedncnfz » Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:16 am

Razor wrote:Farves dad passed away. Farve is a scratch for tomorrow nights game.

How does this change tomorrow nights game???

Do yourself a favor next time and don't post something until you know for sure, Farve was never a scratch for this game, and now as it turns out he is going to play.

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:59 pm

what can we expect out of farve tonight?

I have a 11.5 point lead (40 yards = 1 pt. -2 for ints and fumbles)

VEry sketchy lead. what do y'all think?
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Favre update

Postby The Pack is back » Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:50 pm

This was a fanball.com update

December 22, 2003 2:40 AM ET
Packers: Favre will play following death of father
The News
One day after the death of his father, Brett Favre is expected to take the field and play Monday night against the Raiders, according to the Wisconsin State Journal. Favre's 58-year-old father, Irvin, died Sunday of a suspected heart attack or stroke while he was driving. Services and visitation are planned for Tuesday.
Our View
It would certainly be understandable were Brett to opt not to suit up Monday night, though reports indicate that Favre has been encouraged to play by members of his family. Our condolences to Favre and his family.
The Pack is back

Friendliness: %

Postby latraffic » Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:00 pm

Anybody think Favre will just step in and take the first snap, then walk off with a wave of his cap to keep the streak alive? Or will he play through it?

And while I'm asking questions - how short do you think the leash will be on Favre tonight? This is a pivotal game for GB.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MMH » Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:34 pm

latraffic wrote:Anybody think Favre will just step in and take the first snap, then walk off with a wave of his cap to keep the streak alive? Or will he play through it?

And while I'm asking questions - how short do you think the leash will be on Favre tonight? This is a pivotal game for GB.

Nah I think he is more concerned with winning games for GB then he is keeping his streak going. Makes no real sense for him to play otherwise.

It could work either way but Favre has the guts to have a great game and with him being on MNF I am hoping he does well, not only just for fantasy purposes (where i need him to have a HUGE game) but for the dedication he is showing towards his team and his profession.
MMH
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:44 pm

latrafic wrote:Anybody think Favre will just step in and take the first snap, then walk off with a wave of his cap to keep the streak alive?

You honestly believe this is a good question??

His father died first of all. He decided to play.
His team is fighting for a playoff spot.

And you think he's worried about a damn streak??

Friendliness: %

Postby 49ers Forever » Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:04 pm

latraffic wrote:Anybody think Favre will just step in and take the first snap, then walk off with a wave of his cap to keep the streak alive? Or will he play through it?

Nah, Favre isn't concerned about the streak. Now, I am sure that it may be in the back of his mind, but the forefront has to be winning out so that the Pack might make the playoffs. Also, had his family not urged him to play, I don't think he would. A prediction- he will go nuts tonight. 320 yds 1 TD 1 rush TD
49ers Forever
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk