Superbowl Losers - Give your assessment why you lost - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Superbowl Losers - Give your assessment why you lost

Moderator: Football Moderators

Superbowl Losers - Give your assessment why you lost

Postby JEB » Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:23 am

I lost in the superbowl by 12 points. The final score was 142 to 130. 12 team league started 1QB, 2RB's,3 WR's, 1K, 1Def.(total 8).

My Superbowl starting line-up:

QB - C.Pennington
RB: J.Lewis and T.Jones
WR: J.Horn, R.Smith, T.Gonzalez
K: J.Elam
D: Baltimore

The loss of C.Portis destroyed me. I filled his spot with T.Jones and the worst case scenario happened. Tampa got way behind and abandoned the running game. Who would have also thought Penny would have thrown 5 INTERCEPTIONS? Oh well, there is always next year.
JEB
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Danks81 » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:25 pm

I won my SuperBowl match up :)

Here was my lineup:

QB: Bulger
WR: Harrison
WR: Mason
RB: Faulk
TE: Heap
WR/RB: Duckett
WR/RB: Westbrook

K: Gary Anderson

DEF: Baltimore

D: Derrick Brooks

Baltimore got me 29 points to lead the way in a 119-87 victory.

;-)
Danks81
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Superbowl Losers - Give your assessment why you lost

Postby deftdelivery » Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:43 pm

JEB wrote:I lost in the superbowl by 12 points. The final score was 142 to 130. 12 team league started 1QB, 2RB's,3 WR's, 1K, 1Def.(total 8).

My Superbowl starting line-up:

QB - C.Pennington
RB: J.Lewis and T.Jones
WR: J.Horn, R.Smith, T.Gonzalez
K: J.Elam
D: Baltimore

The loss of C.Portis destroyed me. I filled his spot with T.Jones and the worst case scenario happened. Tampa got way behind and abandoned the running game. Who would have also thought Penny would have thrown 5 INTERCEPTIONS? Oh well, there is always next year.

I came inches away from starting Thomas Jones over Kevan Barlow...luckily I regained my sanity and went with KB...TJ was a tempting play against that weak Atlanta D...what the heck happened tampa?
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Football Newbie » Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:00 pm

ive already bitched and whined alot about my poor decisions but common, this is sad-
4 hours before kickoff i make 2 crushing decisions

Tampa D over Miami D
Jones over Deshaun Foster

I am up by 2 points (STUPID PEYTON MANNING SHOULD hAVE SOLIDIFIED MY WIN LAST NIGHT... sigh), but he has ahman green. If i hadnt made those stupid last minute decisions i would have won.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Biguns » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:19 pm

MANNING!, OWENS HURT, LT GETS HURT S.ALEXANDER GOT HURT, YE FOOTBALL GODS WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH AND THE BRONCOS GO FOR IT TWICE ON 4TH AND GOAL, I HAVE ELAM, AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IF YOU AIN'T FIRST YOUR LAST
- RICKY BOBBY
Biguns
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Football Newbie » Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:41 pm

Biguns wrote:OH AND THE BRONCOS GO FOR IT TWICE ON 4TH AND GOAL, I HAVE ELAM, AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I KNOW!!! I WOULD BE UP ANOTHER VERY VERY VALUABLE 6 POINTS, **** YOU MIKE SHANNAHAN, **** YOU AND YOUR STUPID PLAYCALLING!!! REMEMBER PORTIS? rEMEMBER HOW HE GOT INJURED? THINK THAT COULD TEACH YOUR STUPID *** MAYBE?
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Go Packers » Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:45 pm

If Elam would have kicked more field goals it would have killed me! I have an 11 point lead with him having Ahman and me having Driver. My lead may have been 5 if Elam kicked more field goals.
Go Packers

Friendliness: %

Postby greatgretzky » Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:35 pm

i didn't lose jsut yet, but farve is about to put me away. My biggest mistake this season has been overthinking. I should have trusted my gut in two key games. The game where donovan three for three td's, I sat him for pennington. I also sat atrain on the game where he had two td's. And I sat onterrio smith and played joens instead. I was tempted to gamble, but went with the "sure" thing. Next year, I am almost always going to make sure I have a "gamble" but potential for explosiveness type player in there. I am also going to give more weight next year to talent than matchup. This year I think I favored matchup too much and it burned me a couple of times.
greatgretzky
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:16 am

I suck at drafting WRs. For some reason, Chad Johnson fell completely off my radar in the preseason despite the fact I was in absolute love with him after last year.

Next year, I think I will read less online material for player rankings and opinions. Anytime I don't go by my own rankings, I screw myself over (some article convinced me that Eddie George was still good and I grabbed him in the 2nd round).

I'm a pretty devout believer in the value based draft, but for some reason I find myself drafting that 2nd rb in round 2 even though he isn't worth it. I'm just scared of waiting til round 5 and seeing no one left but Stacey Mack...

Check out this draft I had this year (i lost in the superbowl). I'm not sure if I had just got done smoking $1500 worth of crack or what but..

1) Ricky Williams
2) William Green
3) Plaxico Burress (over Holt and Horn... ironically i traded plax for holt straight up in week 5 or so)
4) Peyton Manning
5) Koren Robinson
6) Aaron Brooks
7) Jerry Porter
8) Stacey Mack

I think I'll just stop now.
Sometimes I get so caught up in grabbing "my guy" (burress, porter, robinson), that I pass up a proven star (holt, horn). I am gonna write notes on my draft sheets next year.

1. Don't grab a guy before he is worth it. If you have a guy rated highly, but he is falling to round 10 , wait until round 10 to get him (peer pressure).

2. What a player did in the last half of last year on a losing team probably doesn't mean crap (K-Rob).

3. Anquan Boldin and Corey Dillon will be overated next year.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby phunkadelic » Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:41 am

Lost my super bowl by ONE point. He had Favre and I had Rice going into Monday night. You know what Favre did. Rice got 159 yards.

ONE more yard out of Jerry and and would have tied, with the tie breaker going to me.

Since the '88 real Super Bowl, I've refused to have Rice on any fantasy team until this year (he was a throw in on a trade). Now he gets me again. Couldt have just reached your hand out on one of those catches, couldn't you have, Jerry?
phunkadelic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk