Kevan Barlow appreciation thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kevan Barlow appreciation thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:36 pm

weak run defenses? its not like he hadnt played all year . he played in every game and averaged about 5 yds per carry the thing we are seeing now is him seeing enough time to get into the endzone and they have faced some pretty tough run d's. oh and jamal did bust out this year id say jumping from about 1000 to 2000 is busting out, not to mention the td increase. like i said i guarantee barlow will bust out next year(if hearst is gone). and if he dosnt then o well i was wrong

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:42 am

Lewis is a good comparison for Barlow. Barlow's a little smaller but a little quicker, but both have the same running styles.

Barlow will be a 1st rounder in 2004 -- You're fooling yourselves if you don't think he won't be. There are many 25 year old (I believe) backs that will be the total back (getting the goalline carries)...heck their aren't that many in the NFL.

Barlow's just getting started. Glad I stuck with him for the past 3 years -- FINALLY keeping him has paid off.

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:28 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:jamal lewis didnt bust out this year hes rushed for over a thousand like 3 times. and although i think barlow is very good, he has played some pretty weak run d's (philly, arizona, cincinatti) that trio is pretty terrible, i think he will be overrated going into the next draft, and will probably be good for around 1250 and 12 next year, which is very good in itself, but dont count on him doing what hes done these last 3 weeks every week

It seems SOMEBODY wants to draft Barlow next year and is clearly trying to push down his stock.

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:30 am

Anonymous wrote:Lewis is a good comparison for Barlow. Barlow's a little smaller but a little quicker, but both have the same running styles.

Barlow will be a 1st rounder in 2004 -- You're fooling yourselves if you don't think he won't be. There are many 25 year old (I believe) backs that will be the total back (getting the goalline carries)...heck their aren't that many in the NFL.

Barlow's just getting started. Glad I stuck with him for the past 3 years -- FINALLY keeping him has paid off.

Who was fooling who if you wasted your time keeping him for two previous years when you could've just drafted him in a late late round THIS year?

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 26, 2003 3:03 pm

I dunno what type of shitty Yahoo league you were in, but Barlow wasn't going in a late late round this past year.....

Previous

Return to Football Talk