Why was CAR DEF charged with 8 pts? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why was CAR DEF charged with 8 pts?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Why was CAR DEF charged with 8 pts?

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:13 pm

One TD came on a punt return by DET and the other on a fumble returned for a TD.

CAR DEF should only have been charged with 2 pts (the two extra points). My super bowl hinges on this. Anyone know what happened?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Shaffe » Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:19 pm

probably the punt return for a td. in most leagues special teams return td's are credited against the team defense you drafted. likewise in a lot of leagues return td's count for the team defense too, your league might be like this.
Shaffe
Shaffe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Petey » Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:19 pm

I'm pretty sure punt returns count against Defense since they are on the field. Only fumble or interception returns wouldn't.
Petey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby FFPlayinMoFo » Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:30 pm

In Sportsline standard scoring , all points scored against your D's team count against your D . That's a really stupid rule .

Last year , I had Pitt's D going up against Houston . They held Houston's offense to 46 yards and 3 points .
But Tommy Maddox threw two picks and fumbled once and all three TOs resulted in a touchdown . So Sportsline credited my D with giving up 24 points .

Sorry to go on a rant . What those two guys said is correct .
FFPlayinMoFo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby emaja » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:28 pm

petey wrote:I'm pretty sure punt returns count against Defense since they are on the field. Only fumble or interception returns wouldn't.

Huh?

When you punt, you are still on offense. It doesn't count against the "D" unless you have DEF/ST scoring. then it would.

Most Yahoo leagues do not count a punt/KO return for a TD against the "D" unless you change it.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Return to Football Talk