Favre is the man! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Favre is the man!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:42 pm

VHawk15 wrote:That's 4 TD's for Favre. Javon Walker is having a huge day.

I cut Javon Walker like 4 weeks ago. If I had started him tonight, I coulda won my yahoo public league superbowl.
:(
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby andrew » Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:44 pm

is that a joke? not top 3? i'm a bay area native..and give the man his props and respect. he is the best qb ever. numbers, ring, mvps, toughness. amazing game by farve...he's having the game of a lifetime.
andrew
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby bigrock » Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:45 pm

He is ridin the pine in my league and he has about quadrupled the output of S.Moss and J.Smith.Javon that is.
every beer is a new adventure
bigrock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:50 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:That's 4 TD's for Favre. Javon Walker is having a huge day.

I cut Javon Walker like 4 weeks ago. If I had started him tonight, I coulda won my yahoo public league superbowl.
:(

Ouch. If he can beat Ferguson out for the #2 WR spot next year, he might be worth a fairly high draft pick.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TTTBone » Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:53 pm

Props and respect! The man already has one of "the" stud performances of the week at half time. Great tribute to his dad... and I was worried he might be overcome with emotion, and make his personal situation worse by playing (and possibly not performing well). Great job by the Packer WR's, awesome catches! ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
Last edited by TTTBone on Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Mudd » Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:55 pm

It's looking like Ferguson and Walker are going to #1 & #2 next year. Driver has done exactly nothing this year.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby greatgretzky » Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:00 pm

hard to give farve top three or five, but I am tempted to be honest.

I would put marino, montana bart starr and unitas ahead of him.

I kind of view farve, elway and young as equivalent. But, I am tempted to put farve in the top three. And that still leaves us with bradshaw.

I think in this day and age it is hard to win more than one, and his stats don't lie. The only non superbowl winner I coudl in good faith put ahead of him is marino. other than that, farve has a really good case to be made for top three. Comprable stats and he has some rings. I have no problem with him being included in discussios for top three. But to me, there can only be one at the top, that is montana. one A is marino.
greatgretzky
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:01 pm

I actually think Walker is the #1 next season with his size and big play ability....Ferguson is the prototype #3 WR....Driver a solid #2

Thats a lot of weapons if utilized correctly.....the pack could be just as good next year.

I feel great...I am out of my playoffs but its a dynasty league and Lelie and Javon are starting to show me whats possible next year!
Arrowhead Nation
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:46 am

Props to Brett Favre, what an amazing display. How does he manage to throw such accurate long passes, with so much touch, at so many different arm angles? Against his momentum, across his body, behind his back, between his legs... ;-D ;-D ;-D
I guess it's games like that that make Favre try so many risky tosses, into double coverages, that turn into all those annoying INTs.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby srthree » Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:38 pm

He is the closest thing to Michael Jordan in a football helmet. All heart man. Packer fans (and football fans), relish what you have while we have it. Guys like this are a rarity in today's "ME" sportsworld.
Any given Sunday...
srthree
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk