Weirdest thing possible happened? Help? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Weirdest thing possible happened? Help?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Andyd » Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:56 pm

Potential score = highest score you could have had if you had started all of the right players at each position. Survivor leagues that are common now where you draft or pick a big team and do nothing else for the year (such as the footballguys.com contest) use "potential score" as your actual score for the week.

Bench points simply takes into account all of your bench players, even if several of them were of the same position and you couldn't have started them all. We picked potential score as our first tie-breaker for the playoffs, with bench points second, as we thought potential score reflected how well your overall team was, or could have been, a little better and should be the first choice.

Regardless, for the original post, if there isn't a rule in place for tie breaking, it should be a tie. Or a new week, I still think a Week 17 tie-breaker is the best idea.
Andyd

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby JEB » Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:31 pm

Welcome to the ranks of the forgotten superbowl teams. Remember, there is always next year. Don't you just hate people they say that? :~(
JEB
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby latraffic » Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:10 pm

Andyd wrote:Regardless, for the original post, if there isn't a rule in place for tie breaking, it should be a tie. Or a new week, I still think a Week 17 tie-breaker is the best idea.

Dude, orginal post states he's in a Yahoo league. The rules are all a part of the agreement you click I accept on when you join. No tie, lost due to the number of TDs, sucks but true.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MMH » Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:13 pm

Bench points are a terrible way to decide a tie breaker. For example I have a few back ups for my studs on my bench who wont gain FF points as long as my studs play. Why should anybody be punished for playing smart?
MMH
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Go Packers » Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:31 pm

Actually it was the Semi- Finals. The only fair way I could think of would be both of us advance to the finals. There would be 3 teams in the finals and the team with the highest points would win. Nothing I can do. Just my bad luck. What a stupid rule. Most team TDs. I am stuck in the 3rd place game this week.
:~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~(
Go Packers

Friendliness: %

Postby AF » Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:26 am

Lucky for me I was able to fight off a comeback when the guy I was palying against had Farve and Green. But going into monday night up by 84 helps.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk