Can I breathe now? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Can I breathe now?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Can I breathe now?

Postby DEF » Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:46 am

Check out this finish to the Super Bowl in one of my leagues. I was up by 35 points heading into Monday Night with all of my guys finished. My opponent had just Favre left. Scoring is 1 point for 40 yards passing, 1 points for 10 yards rush/rec, 6 points for TD (pass/rush/rec) and -2 points for INT or fumble lost. I felt pretty good going into the night, but less and less so as the game wore on and Favre went nuts.

Favre's scoring: 399 yards - 9 points (no partial points, so he missed 10 by 1 yard); 4 TDs - 24 points; Total: 33 points

Final tally: I win 175-173 (it was 175-171 at halftime and I never thought I'd hold on at that point).

Damn I had to sweat that one out though. Even decent days from Manning or Heap and I would have had a lot less worries. Anyway, I went 13-1 in the regular season and now won the title, not bad for a first-time fantasy footballer. And my only loss was when Randy Moss and LT both had their byes.

Lineup:
QB - Manning, Bulger (Pennington)
RB - Tomlinson, Lewis (D. Davis, Dillon)
WR - R. Moss, Holt, S. Moss (R. Smith, Toomer)
TE - Heap (B. Williams)
K - Elam
DEF - Carolina

Now if I can just complete the sweep in my other league where the title game's next week. It'll be tough though as that squad lost TO. Somehow I won my semifinal in that league despite starting Pennington and having my opponent play the New England defense (that was a double whammy worth 20 points on INTs alone).
DEF
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Thomas » Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:14 am

With a team like that you shouldn't even have lost a game.
Thomas
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk