Priest to play this week? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Priest to play this week?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Priest to play this week?

Postby titans_cafe » Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:42 am

I really haven't been keeping track of the NFL playoff scenarios for the past few weeks, but I'm assuming that this week's KC game will determine a bye week in the playoffs or have they already clinched a bye week?

The reason I'm asking is that my pool uses a week 17 superbowl and I made it this year. :-)

I have Priest and both Johnson and Blaylock since I've always been so unsure as to who Priest's backup really is. If Priest is going to play this week, then I plan on dropping the backups to get a couple of decent guys off the wire so my oppenent cannot get them.

So ... what's the word on Priest? Thanks Guys!!!!
titans_cafe
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby slowkidz » Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:26 am

odds are he'll play...but make sure to check back near the weekend to make sure.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby moochman » Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:17 am

Play him, he needs 1 TD to break the record. I think he'll want to score more than 1 TD and the Chiefs will want to get their mojo back before the playoffs. DaBears will have their paws full.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby srthree » Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:41 pm

I agree. The record and playoff scenario gives him the nod. Priest for a half a football game is better than most in a whole.
Any given Sunday...
srthree
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm

What you will need to do is go by the outcome of the NE game on Saturday. If they win, KC plays for nothing but individual marks....Priest will play for a record and thats it...prolly a lot of Todd COllins, Blaylock, Boerighter etc.

If NE loses to Buffalo...play it like normal cuz KC will be playing for homefield.....as bad as they have played lately, but they own the tiebreaker over nE with a NE loss.
Arrowhead Nation
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ek » Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:53 pm

Assuming the Pats win, Priest will still stay in long enough to get his one TD for the rushing TD record. Also I read somewhere that he needs two TDs to break the total TD record, so they might try and give him a couple pops on the goal line later. Hopefully the Cheifs learned their lesson last week and will go back to the run...I have Priest and am playing against Trent Green.
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk