Let's Go TO? But to where? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Let's Go TO? But to where?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BESMIRCHED » Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:40 pm

yah i could see either TO or Keyshawn go to oakland...but either rice or brown needs to retire...

or go to ARIZONA...they will get ALL the attention they want there...
BESMIRCHED
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby koffeeboy » Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:58 pm

I bet SF franchises him. Just to ensure the DP.

Then Owens takes the 1 year offer, to prove at age 31, he is worth a 10-12 mil signing bonus attached to a 7 yr contract.

I doubt he moves to be honest since SF needs him more than they know.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Dec 24, 2003 6:02 pm

I don't know where he's gonna go but I doubt Arizona goes for him...they just got rid of a problematic WR,besides,they have a great,young,up-n-coming WR corp.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Arizona, Nah

Postby koffeeboy » Wed Dec 24, 2003 6:06 pm

Yeah Arizona seems unlikely.

They appear set to build around Eli Manning (???), Shipp, Boldin and Johnson on offense to go with that mammoth OL.

I bet they make a run at one of the top flight Corners though (Woodson, Bailey, McAlister, etc). That would be the smart money.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:58 pm

koffeeboy wrote:I bet SF franchises him. Just to ensure the DP.

Then Owens takes the 1 year offer, to prove at age 31, he is worth a 10-12 mil signing bonus attached to a 7 yr contract.

I doubt he moves to be honest since SF needs him more than they know.

SanFran has already stated they have no interest in resigning him.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby fantasizing » Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:10 pm

I have TO in a keeper for many years, so I have vested interest in where he ends up. I don't think SF has intentions of keeping TO. They have a crop of good yound up and comers like B. Lloyd, C.Wilson and T.Streets. Besides, they also need to decide on Garcia as well. I think SF will re-sign Garcia and let TO go.

My thoughts:

Atlanta: I have yet to see Vick prove himself as a good passer. This could be disastrous for TO's career. Look at P.Price=worthless

Oakland: kinda depends who the hell the QB is going to be next year. However, TO along side with a healthy and fast J.Porter could make for a interesting passing attack.

Arizona: As others have said, they are building around Shipp and Boldin, besides, they aren't willing to spend the big cash on TO, they let Boston slide

Kansas City: Without saying, this would be sensational for TO. T. Green, hiding behind that massive O-line, launching it to TO.
But, will Vermeil go for it?

New England: I'm not too thrilled about him playing here. Cold weather, defensive battles, not exactly TO's thing. Besides, Belichik likes players he likes. He got rid of Bledsoe because apparently Bledsoe didn't "fit" in to his system. Gimme a break.
I don't like this one.

Baltimore: Say goodbye to TO's career. It's the Jamal show here and that's it. Who's gonna pass to TO? A.Wright?? Boller?
come on......

Philly: At first, I didn't like the prospect of TO going to Philly because I am unconvinced that McNabb can throw deep. But, the more I think about it, the more inclined I am to agree that this might be the best move for TO. Simply because he will get ALL the receptions in Philly, I mean ALL of them. He'll probably average over 10 receptions a game, which means he'll get monster yardage no matter what. Arguebly, no WR can turn a 5 yard pass into a 40 yard gain better than TO.

I've noticed this year that SF has been spreading the ball around alot to many different receivers. Even in the high scoring games TO hasn't had a 10 reception game this season. Over the last few years, he was the man. He holds the record for most receptions in a game (20).
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:43 pm

Yea I agree with the analysis that TO would be best in KC or Philly, but TO wouldn't be able to handle the offence revolving around Priest, plus KC shelled out some dollars for Priest just this year. Philly would be the ideal fit for TO but Andy Reid doesn't seem the type to take on a player like this. With Vincent and Taylor both free agents this year Philly will likely sign a top-flite corner (Bailey or Woodson) and a WR would be a perfect fit. But, on the other hand Philly does have a habit of signing older WRs (Fryar and Freeman) while they let veterans at every other position walk (Douglas). To get back on topic where will DJ go assuming that Seattle doesnt resign him (which I think they will).
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Thu Dec 25, 2003 8:14 pm

A couple things on teh mention of Kc as a destination.

#1. They have around $15 Million and change to play with....key UFA are Greg Wesley and John Tait
#2. WIth that money I think we re-sign Tait and then we HAVE to get a MLB or a CB...like I mean the top one at either position.

Guys I am thinking of here are Al Wilson, Champ Bailey, Chris McCallister or Shawn SPrings (more of a second tier)

#3. Vermeil wont have TO in here.....thi isnt Martyball where we had our own jailhouse team of RIson, Vanover, Bam Morris, Dale Carter, Wayne Simmons and such

TO wont be in KC unless Vermeil retires and Saunders is head man then I could possibly see it

#4. Have ta seen the defense? DO you know that KC still has a young guy named Boerighter? Why do yu screw with teh #1 Offense in the league?

Forget T.O give me Shawn SPrings and Al Wilson and I will be happy.
Arrowhead Nation
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk