is tomlinson playing? should i play non-playoff studs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

is tomlinson playing? should i play non-playoff studs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

is tomlinson playing? should i play non-playoff studs?

Postby tc » Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:13 am

i have tomlinson, r.williams, e.george, and tj ducket. first of all is tomlinson playing and if he plays, will he play the whole game? same goes for r. williams. is he going to play the whole game? i think ducket will play the whole game, even though it means nothing for the falcons..and as for george, their still fighting for playoff positions. what do you guys think? should i play the non-playoff studs and take a chance on them only playing 60-70% of the game, or should i let it ride on these full game backs? thanks.
tc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Shatner8 » Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:21 am

I think they will play. The dolphins are still fighting for a playoff spot if im not mistaken so Ricky will definitely play. The chargers are playing for pride and sometimes players play better when there is no pressure. I dont see SD sitting Tomlinson
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:58 am

Both Miami and SD are out of play contention. But why would they sit Ricky or LT?

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby tc » Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:16 pm

VHawk15 wrote:Both Miami and SD are out of play contention. But why would they sit Ricky or LT?

because they're both banged up. and the games mean nothing. so i'm just wondering if they'll play less. i don't think they'll get benched, but will they see the normal amount of carries?
tc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BESMIRCHED » Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:35 pm

they will probably all start...im pretty sure that they will play the entire game...but since they are not in playoff contention they may put in the backups to see how they fit in...

if there is one guy that might not be playing as much it would be eddie george...i dont think they want another injury going into the playoffs...BUT they might play him a lot since they have a chance to win the conference...if indy loses

its really hard to tell these things...but i will always go with my best players no matter what
BESMIRCHED
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:40 pm

tc wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:Both Miami and SD are out of play contention. But why would they sit Ricky or LT?

because they're both banged up. and the games mean nothing. so i'm just wondering if they'll play less. i don't think they'll get benched, but will they see the normal amount of carries?

The teams have nothing to lose, this would be their last game of the season anyway.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Shatner8 » Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:05 pm

Ok, Miami is out of playoff contention, i wasnt sure. I really dont see there coaches sitting them this week, like i said there still playing for pride
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby hayesb26 » Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:08 pm

I'd imagine they will play and play most of the game.
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby anth » Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:51 pm

It seems to me that players on losing teams out of contention play more than players on winning teams that have already clinched.
anth

Friendliness: %

Postby ethis » Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:48 pm

I'm almost certain Tomlinson will play this weekend. Even if he has a minor case of turf toe or a slight shoulder injury, I don't think that's enough to keep him off the field. Besides, the Chargers are facing the Raiders and LT knows that the rivalry must continue, even if both teams have horrible records. I see LT going over 100 this weekend. Yup! ;-D
ethis
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk