Should I trade... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Should I trade...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should I trade...

Postby Seattle Fantasy » Thu Sep 05, 2002 12:18 am

James Stewart for DeShaun Foster?

Stewart is on my bench right now - I have Fred Taylor and Ladanian Tomlinson starting and Barlow, Stacy Mack, Charlie Garner and Stewart on the bench now.

Thoughts?
Seattle Fantasy

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Huh?

Postby trentvaughn » Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:32 am

Foster won't be back for 3 to 4 weeks as I'm sure you know. Stewart will be playing as the #1 back in Detroit. I know they're not the greatest team on the planet, but they will have to win more games than last years baker's dozen minus 11. I wouldn't do it now until the results of Foster's surgery are known and you can be sure he'll be an every week starter.

Trentvaughn

P.S. I don't really love James Stewart either, he's injury prone. But you've gotta roll with what you have.
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby slowkidz » Thu Sep 05, 2002 4:46 pm

I would do it just because you won't be starting Stewart anyways, and from the looks of preseason, Foster will be a big time play maker when he returns...I like Foster, and he's only going to be out for about 4-6 weeks...IMO, Stewart is an injury waiting to happen. Trade him for Foster!!!
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby bzabodyn » Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:01 pm

I have to agree with trentvaughn on this one - if complications arise with Foster's surgery, you will kick yourself in the ass (esp. when Taylor's fragile frame is also on your team) - stick it out with Stewart and see if maybe he can pull off a miracle - you just have to be very cautious with Taylor in your starting line-up...
bzabodyn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk