Who will face the Pats in the SB?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who will face the Pats in the SB??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby fntsyrookie » Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:28 pm

No way the Pack get anywhere near the SB (at least I hope ;-) I'm going with Philly and New England.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:47 pm

OOOOh I think you'll find that the Broncos make the big dance not the Pats and they will play the Eagles.

Pats are a very close second.

;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:09 pm

I am biased, but I think its pats and eagles.

Eagles have already beaten dallas, green bay and carolina. St. Louis has lost to the Giants and the Lions and have scraped by versus cleveland, arizona and chicago. They got creamed by san fran (eagles lost to them too, but made a hell of a game of it, and left many points off the board)

Losing to detroit and failing to get the homefield speaks volumes. I think the scariest team for the eagles is green bay. But I think they make it this year.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby fantasizing » Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:14 pm

Pats will make it to the superbowl. They've got a bye and then two home games before the big one. They're getting players back from injury, and seem to getting stronger and stronger.

Who's gonna go to Foxboro and beat them??? Broncos?? McNair and Mason?? The only team I see that has a chance at all is Indy.
Even then, Belichick will come up with a great game plan to slow or shut down Manning.

The NFC is much more wide open. I'm not convinced at all about Philly, their rush defense is terrible. Bulger has to prove himself in the playoffs, their defense is also suspect. I really think the Pack could ride the wave alll the way to the SB.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deftdelivery » Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:44 pm

I'm thinkin Pats vs....

Rams? They lost the last game of their season...losing most of the momentum they had going into the playoffs...AGAINST THE FRIGGAN LIONS
Eagles? They've been solid as of late, except for a slip-up against the 49ers. I don't know if they have the rush defense to slow teams down...
Panthers? That's a joke right? We have a good defense, but our offense is nothing without Davis...put 8 in the box and we're done
Seahawks? Can you say road woes? Team is either hot or ice cold

Hmmm...why not say Pats vs Panthers so i can root for my team B-)
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:37 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:Indy, Denver or Baltimore will smack New England.

LMFAO!!!....not one of those teams can take them....and the Pats already beat Indy and Dev who are the best of the 3 listed...

my guess for a sb is a rematch of GB vs the Pats...this time the Pats will win, in what I believe will be a very tight game...24-20 Pats win

I truly believe that Indy game was a fluke. Heck, if Indy had been a little more creative with their goalline play calling, that game was a win anyway.

BARELY beating a Danny Kanell led Broncos doesn't carry much weight with me. Also, this is the playoffs and whatever you did in the regular season doesn't mean jack now. It doesn't matter who you beat and by how much, it matters how you play this coming Sunday. The 3 teams I listed are better than New England, despite what may have happened 6 weeks ago. Luckily for NE, 2 of them play each other in round 1.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TTTBone » Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:22 pm

deftdelivery wrote:I'm thinkin Pats vs....

Rams? They lost the last game of their season...losing most of the momentum they had going into the playoffs...AGAINST THE FRIGGAN LIONS
Eagles? They've been solid as of late, except for a slip-up against the 49ers. I don't know if they have the rush defense to slow teams down...
Panthers? That's a joke right? We have a good defense, but our offense is nothing without Davis...put 8 in the box and we're done
Seahawks? Can you say road woes? Team is either hot or ice cold

Hmmm...why not say Pats vs Panthers so i can root for my team B-)

I like the Panthers as the underlooked team in the NFC. While all the focus turns to Philly, St. Louis and Green Bay, the Panthers look to be the unexpected roadblock for at least one team (Dallas), and maybe more. Delhomme, Smith and Davis have somewhat quietly posted great #'s after the defense carried the team early. Dangerous team, but probably need some lucky breaks to get to the big show. Great coaching job by John Fox, who should be (but probably won't be) a serious contender for coach of the year.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby V-unit » Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:58 pm

I say its going to be Tennesse vs. Philly. ;-D
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dazedncnfz » Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:38 pm

KingGhidra wrote:BARELY beating a Danny Kanell led Broncos doesn't carry much weight with me. Also, this is the playoffs and whatever you did in the regular season doesn't mean jack now. It doesn't matter who you beat and by how much, it matters how you play this coming Sunday. The 3 teams I listed are better than New England, despite what may have happened 6 weeks ago. Luckily for NE, 2 of them play each other in round 1.

I don't care if it was Danny Kanell or not. They beat them end of story. Your right playoffs are a "new season", but when any team wins 12 IN A ROW thats NO Fluke.

Maybe in your opinion those 3 teams are better, just remember this...The Steelers and Rams were better in 01, they fell the same way 12 in a row have this year, by less then 7 points.

Winning by what ever means nessary is the way this team is, if they need the points they can put them up. When its a close game they find the way to win, there no real way to argue it. they are 14-2 for a reason. Make no mistake about it the road to the Super Bowl goes through New England.

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ratfink » Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:40 pm

I don't see NE in the SB.......maybe Tenn vs Philly and I Love Philly takin it all.
Ratfink
ratfink
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: poppin out the top of a 55 Chevy and squeezin a babe

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk