Who will face the Pats in the SB?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who will face the Pats in the SB??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby V-unit » Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:42 pm

Sorry Ratfink but Tennesse will win the SB trust me.
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ratfink » Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:57 pm

I think NOT
Ratfink
ratfink
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: poppin out the top of a 55 Chevy and squeezin a babe

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:10 pm

Once again, people give New England NO love. Why is that? Because they don't have any glamour boys? Because they don't have a stud RB or WR? The defense is UNREAL and remember the mantra: DEFENSE wins championship. They won 14 games this season, more than any other team. Who cares how they beat Denver or Indy, the fact is they BEAT them. A mediocre team doesn't win those games. Don't blame the Pats D for stuffing Indy 4 TIMES at the goal line; give them credit. Don't blame the Broncos for "choking" in that game; credit the Pats for taking it from them.

I'm sick of people discounting NE because they don't have any superstars. Tennessee? Not if McNair's not 100%, defenses won't have to worry about him running. Indy? Quality, quality team that scares me but Peyton in NE, against Belichick does not. Denver? If Portis is COMPLETELY healthy, they're a solid team. Yes, the AFC is stacked 1-6 but the Pats were what, 8-0 against teams with winning records or something?

No matter what ANYONE says, since NE has homefield and I can't think of any team that wants to play there, the road to the SB goes through Foxborough.

Friendliness: %

Postby deftdelivery » Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:41 pm

Anonymous wrote: The defense is UNREAL and remember the mantra: DEFENSE wins championships.

I totally agree - they don't look real good on paper, but these guys have what it takes to be superbowl contenders...their team is similar to the team they had in 01, and I believe their defense is far better. I don't see a team obstructing their path to the superbowl
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby V-unit » Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:30 pm

New England has no running game and Defenses will destroy Brady just watch.In the playoffs for some reason Defenses tend to play alot better than in the regular season.You can say weather this and that but if you cannot cotrol the clock you will lose.The colts will beat the Patriots i said it hear first.
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deftdelivery » Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:44 pm

V-unit wrote:New England has no running game and Defenses will destroy Brady just watch.In the playoffs for some reason Defenses tend to play alot better than in the regular season.You can say weather this and that but if you cannot cotrol the clock you will lose.The colts will beat the Patriots i said it hear first.

Granted, D's may "destroy" Brady, but by going by the idea that defenses play better in the playoffs, you have to realize that New England's D is the BEST in the league right now, so I'm sure their defense will "destroy" quarterbacks like Peyton Manning and Trent Green. Especially in foxboro. Brady's not a bad QB, and if New England plays anywhere near the calibar they're showing, I see them headed to the SB.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby V-unit » Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:02 am

The Patriots have an awesome D but remember this the teams you just metioned have great RBs behind those QBs and will use them to their strength.KC will not win with that weak Defense and Indy has a pretty solid D to contend for the Championship run.Also NE has alot of young players on their D and for many of them this will be their first playoff action.I just cannot see Brady pass that succesful in the playoffs against a quick D like the Colts or maybe the Broncos.Boy i sure cannot wait until the weekend. ;-D
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:29 am

NE v STL.

I think the real story is the strength of the AFC right now. IMO, put any of the AFC Wildcard teams in the NFC and they would immediately be a favorite to go to the SB. Im still pretty shocked PHI has a first rd bye.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby hauschild » Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:47 am

The Pats will face either Green Bay or St. Louis. Green Bay will beat Seattle.

If Carolina can eek out a victory against the boys, that would mean Green Bay at Philly. Because Philly may have the least home field advantage of any NFL squad and the game is on grass, and Philly is a bit overrated, I think Green Bay wins easily. This also means Carolina would play at St. Louis. I believe Carolina is the only team in the NFC who has a legitimate shot at beating St. Louis in the dome because of their quick defense. That would leave Green Bay traveling to Carolina for a rematch of the 1996 NFC Championship. I would take Green Bay double-digits in this beauty.

However, if the Boys win and Green Bay has to travel to St. Louis, I like the Rams. Then I like Philly over the Boys, and I really like St. Louis over Philly at Philly.

To me, the only certainty is The Pats will definitely represent the AFC in the Superbowl. Everyone thinks they have the NFC figured out, which to me is laughable. I can't wait to watch this beauty unfold!!!
hauschild
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:56 am

KingGhidra wrote:Indy, Denver or Baltimore will smack New England.

I love this attitude. People have been against the Pats all season. Hmm. Did the Pats play two of these teams? Oh, yes, they did. They beat Indy. And they beat Denver (even with Kannell in there, but the Pats were missing Seymour and Washington).

Baltimore? You kidding me? Lewis will rush, don't doubt it, but you don't think Crennel/Belichick can't confuse that rookie QB? How do you think the Pats got to 14-2?
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk