Who will face the Pats in the SB?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who will face the Pats in the SB??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:46 pm

??? Let see the eagles had the harder schedule this year AND theyfinsihed with the better record, hoemfield advantage and the bye. Oh yea, the already beat the packers, with an injured mcnabb, no dawkins or vincent. and oh yea westbrook didn;t play the first time either. the packers lost to detroit and cardinals.

the eagles lost four games, one to the defending champs, two to playoff teams and one to san francisco, no slouch in their own right.

the pack's streak includes such impressive wins as:

san diego, chicago, oakland, denver (without portis, plummer, sharpe and no icnentive tot ry) and needed overtime to beat a terrible road team in their own house.

I don;t get how poeple think the pack are gonna have an easy time of it. it flies in the face of documented facts ...
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:05 pm

Okay, my heart is now telling me that it'll be Tennesee and Carolina. But my brain is telling me NE vs. Philly.

Of course, since I predicted that, it'll probably be something like KC vs. the Rams.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cliff Harris » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:49 pm

All the games should be great but Green Bay vs. Kansas City is the call. And we'll take GB in a shootout.

At least that's the game I'd like to see.
Cliff Harris
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby zombiez » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:59 pm

no way will NE ride that long of a win streak.....KC will beat them in the AFC cahmpionship game....
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby V-unit » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:15 am

I said it befor and I will say it again it will be the Titans vs. Eagles.
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Homeless » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:37 am

Guess I have to rethink my prediction...

Pats vs Eagles.

Now watch GB make it ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby hauschild » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:27 am

Yeah, you're probably right about Philly, but call me foolish...there seems to be something missing somewhere on that team. I'm simply not a believer, yet.

I still think Green Bay wins...whether it's close or not who cares?!?!?!? If I'm a Philly fan, I worry about not being able to stop the run AND not having the greatest receiving corps. This is what plays into Green Bay's strengths.

Remember, Philly won on a last-minute drive at Lambeau...they also were plus 4 in the turnover department that game...you just can't count on that happening twice in a row.

Yes, Hasselbeck was a much better QB this year, as his numbers suggest. As Seattle begins to improve, and Philly begins its decline in the coming years, the simple fact that Hasselbeck is a better NFL QB will become ever more evident.

I like the following teams to win this weekend:
-Green Bay
-St. Louis
-New England
-Kansas City

Peace out...
hauschild
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TTTBone » Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:28 pm

hauschild wrote:

I like the following teams to win this weekend:
-Green Bay
-St. Louis
-New England
-Kansas City

Peace out...

"BOLD" predictions.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:28 pm

ture, can't count on foru fumbles. But your d still looked pathetic on the last drive. and you depended on mr. pass interference to bail you out last week ... jsut a thought. remember, mcnabb was also hurt that game, and for all of your advantages, failed to capitalize. green ran wild and it amounted to nothing.

we may not have the ebst receivers, but dawkins and the secondary is also back, mitigating that. I jsut don;t see the pack as better, witht he proviso that they coudl very well win. But in tersm of predictions, all the advatnages favor the eagles. they may not "have it this year" but I think their resiliency, and nine game winning streak of their own shoots that down. they won 12-14 for christ sakes, but GB is hotter? come on now. And the eagles o is jsut as much on fire as green bays. I think it will be a great game though. Ad d in the overwhelming statistics that show that this week holds the biggest advantage over any other week int he playoffs in terms of home teams, and I think eagles have to be favored. if not for the farve's dad thing,what would people be saying? probably pointing out how the streak was based on bad teams.

And as far as hasselbeck being better than mcnabb? huh? not close. Last I checked, the eagles are the winningest team since 2000 and have three divsion championships, and two nfc title game appearances. They are helmed by a Qb who is presumed to "carry his team". If all this is true, no contest. Hasselbeck simply doesn;t have the wins, the stat a stud qb is most held accoutnable for. this isn;t even an argument really. I doubt he will ever catch up to mcnabb -- aren;t they at a similar place in their careers? people tend to forget how donovan tore it up last year before being hurt -- now he is starting to do it again ...

Hasselbeck was atrocious on the road, absoloutely terrible. and they were only 5-5 in their last five games. 5-5 in the last ten and 2-6 on the road for the season doesn;t sound like a great quarterback to me. Meanwhile the eagles are fantastic on the road, and tore it up the last part of the season. The stats are ther for matt, and he is good, but come on now. He ahsn;t really done anything yet. Mcnabb has had the statistical seasons and the wins and the post season wins...

And yea, seattle is bad with dropped passes. But, matt has a lot more to work with in the receiving area too. pinky, thrash and freddy just aren;t as good as engram, djax and krob, dropped balls or not. so lets keep that . (on offense)
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk