WHAT AN ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE SUNDAY ... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

WHAT AN ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE SUNDAY ...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:13 pm

Now what??????? :-)

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby ratfink » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:26 pm

L-O-S-E-R-S
Ratfink
ratfink
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: poppin out the top of a 55 Chevy and squeezin a babe

Postby hauschild » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:04 am

Green Bay obviously threw the game. What a sham...What a hoax!!! A game given away to a QB who can barely speak a complete sentence. Philly fans must relate to a guy like that, huh?!?!?

Just when a guy thinks he's seen it all....hopefully NFL games aren't rigged like Boxing and such, but that is the only logical explanation I can come up with.

C'mon, Green Bay is up by 14 and dominating. Fourth and 2 from the Eagles 37 and they punt when they know they have one of the worst punters in the entire NFL??? Fourth and a foot from the Eagle goal line and they don't punch it in behind one of the strongest O lines in NFL football...worse yet, Green trips on his O-lineman??? C'mon, something smells very foul here. Fourth and 2 feet from the Eagle 39 and they don't go for it with 2 minutes to play???

Without question, Philly was, at the very lesast, handed this game on a silver platter. They play this game 10 times, Green Bay wins 9, easily.

However, I digress and give the Eagles fans their props.
hauschild
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby fntsyrookie » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:10 am

hauschild wrote:Green Bay obviously threw the game. What a sham...What a hoax!!! A game given away to a QB who can barely speak a complete sentence. Philly fans must relate to a guy like that, huh?!?!?

Just when a guy thinks he's seen it all....hopefully NFL games aren't rigged like Boxing and such, but that is the only logical explanation I can come up with.

C'mon, Green Bay is up by 14 and dominating. Fourth and 2 from the Eagles 37 and they punt when they know they have one of the worst punters in the entire NFL??? Fourth and a foot from the Eagle goal line and they don't punch it in behind one of the strongest O lines in NFL football...worse yet, Green trips on his O-lineman??? C'mon, something smells very foul here. Fourth and 2 feet from the Eagle 39 and they don't go for it with 2 minutes to play???

Without question, Philly was, at the very lesast, handed this game on a silver platter. They play this game 10 times, Green Bay wins 9, easily.

A conspircacy theory? I thought only Vikings fans were allowed to think those...lol :-)
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:20 am

hauschild wrote:Green Bay obviously threw the game. What a sham...What a hoax!!! A game given away to a QB who can barely speak a complete sentence. Philly fans must relate to a guy like that, huh?!?!?

whatever helps you sleep through the night...or the next 7months of nights...lol
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:44 pm

Threw the game??????
is that the best you could come up with.
Was the magic (or lack there of) that important to you. Ya know Hauschild, whether a team wins or loses, shouldn't validate your esteem. At some point the year would end and then what would you do??????
I think these problems you have are far more greater than a football game.
YIKES!!!!!

Friendliness: %

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:53 pm

"Without question, Philly was, at the very lesast, handed this game on a silver platter. They play this game 10 times, Green Bay wins 9, easily."

well they did play twice, and philly won both -- for what it is worth.

As for "dominating" hmm philly outscored them 20-3 after the first quarter, and had more first downs, and had 360 total yards to green bay's 380. Hardly dominating stuff. They had an advantage, sure but the game is played for 60 minutes, not 59. They shouldn't have yielded 4th and 26. No matter how you slice it, they didn't stop the eagles either. the eagles scored more. case closed.

rushing yards are all wella nd good, but you gotta translate it to points...
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby hauschild » Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:41 pm

I should have been more clear when I said Green Bay "threw" the game...what I meant ya'll to understand is that I surely don't believe in divine intervention, and the Eagles had very little to do with the Green Bay loss. With the poor decisions that were made, mainly on the offensive side of the ball, San Diego would have beaten Green Bay on Sunday.

But like I also said, Philly outscored The Pack, so they get the spoils, a la, getting to play Carolina.

Peace out............
hauschild
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TTTBone » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:04 pm

Hey, Hauschild, it's known as losing with grace. Give it a try, and please lay off the BOLD. It's pretty annoying.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Previous

Return to Football Talk