2004 Unrestricted Free Agents - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2004 Unrestricted Free Agents

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Petey » Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:23 pm

I read this about Chad Johnson, but haven't seen him on any of the lists.

Johnson, a third-year pro, can become a restricted free-agent in 2004, so he'll be up for a raise. "I was just more excited about getting on the field and playing and performing at a high level. Everything else is going to take care of itself," he said.

Does that mean after the 2004 season, maybe???
Petey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kashikis » Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:24 pm

fntsyrookie wrote:I guess the big question is whether or not there is going to be enough cash to keep both Manning and Harrison?

I would hope the bond between these two guys is as strong as I think it is. They have been the cossumate duo in the passing game for some time now and I hope they stay together to show other football players that money isn't the only thing there is to play for anymore.

I will lose a lot of faith if Harrison decides to leave because if it comes down to one or the other I'm sure the Colt's are taking Manning.
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby The Sandwich » Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:36 pm

Good post. Is there a list of who will be available next year? Sometimes guys play up in a contract year. I would like to take a look before my draft next year.
"They're Killing Me Whitey! They're Killing Me"!
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:23 pm

kashikis wrote:
fntsyrookie wrote:I guess the big question is whether or not there is going to be enough cash to keep both Manning and Harrison?

I would hope the bond between these two guys is as strong as I think it is. They have been the cossumate duo in the passing game for some time now and I hope they stay together to show other football players that money isn't the only thing there is to play for anymore.

I will lose a lot of faith if Harrison decides to leave because if it comes down to one or the other I'm sure the Colt's are taking Manning.

I agree and I am a little worried considering that I have Harrison as my keeper WR. If he leaves or (god-forbid) Manning leaves will he be the WR he is now? I am also considering trying to trade for Manning. Will he be the QB he is now without Harrison? I seriously doubt that they would be able to keep both of them. I may try to trade Harrison and somebody I can't keep for Moss but I would still have a QB problem. I want to get Daunte in the draft next year but considering the Vikes this year I don't think it would be smart to have C-Pepp and Moss in my linup every week. If I would get Manning I would have to give up somebody good most likely because he would be kept. I need some help or maybe I should just wait to see how it all pans out. Especially because if Dillon leaves and Rudi stays then I would keep Rudi and I wouldn't have a spot to keep Manning.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby fantasizing » Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:32 pm

Seattle's got to be friggin insane if they let DJax go. That offense is something to watch in the next few years.

I don't care where TO goes, as long as it's to a team that has no other good WRs, hence, allowing TO to get 10+ receptions per game. TO's best years may be coming.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Purple_Pride » Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:52 pm

God i hope the Vikes sign a CB like Champ or Woodson or Springs or McAllister. thats all i want, i know its still alot to ask for but i thnk that one move would make the vikes soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better. and im sure the Colts will find a way to keep them both but if they have to chose it will obviously be Manning they keep.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:26 pm

Purple_Pride wrote:God i hope the Vikes sign a CB like Champ or Woodson or Springs or McAllister. thats all i want, i know its still alot to ask for but i thnk that one move would make the vikes soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better. and im sure the Colts will find a way to keep them both but if they have to chose it will obviously be Manning they keep.
I know. We had the chance to get McCallister last year but we didn't. I don't think we ever will as long as the team is owned my McCombs. He doesn't want to put any money into them because he doesn't want them. If he would invest a little more in some good players that could put us over the top.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:50 pm

Purple_Pride wrote:God i hope the Vikes sign a CB like Champ or Woodson or Springs or McAllister. thats all i want, i know its still alot to ask for but i thnk that one move would make the vikes soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better. and im sure the Colts will find a way to keep them both but if they have to chose it will obviously be Manning they keep.

NOOOOOO!

You can't have Champ or Woodson, they are ALL OURS!!!!
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:58 pm

KingGhidra wrote:

NOOOOOO!

You can't have Champ or Woodson, they are ALL OURS!!!!

You really think you will be able to get both?
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Purple_Pride » Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:12 pm

with the way yall spend money in DC i dont know how you are gonna find money to sign Champ nevermind Woodson
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk