Return to Football Talk

2004 Projections

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Buckychudd » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:43 am

M_Zimm wrote:
Buckychudd wrote:
deftdelivery wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Buckychudd wrote:Ok, for those of you who can't keep up.....

The top numbers are this year's rushing yard totals for each player, the bottom numbers are his predictions for next year's total yardage for each player (including both rush and recieving yards).

Phew! Thanks for clearing that up.
lol

I still am gonna take Larry Johnson with my top pick next yr - he ran for over 2000 yds in college. Its only a matter of time before Holmes gets benched in favor of the much more talented Johnson.
Tiki will get injured during the preseason, and 2004 will be the yr of the Dayne - watch! He was a heisman winner ya know.

ok, now, for those of you who cant keep up, I am just messin. sheesh! ;-)

some of us are just a little slow around here ;-D

I was speaking mainly to the North & South Carolina people on this post.....they're a little slow.
:-D :-] ;-) ;-7 O:-) :-b }:-) :-° :-) :*) :-B :-? 8-o

Oh, shut up...

Dude, chill out.....it's not like I don't live in Charlotte or anything.....
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deftdelivery » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:51 am

saaaaaaaaaaame...get together, I'll play you in baskeball

1 on 1

you noob
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:34 am

Anonymous wrote:please somone explain this to me why in the hell does duece freakin crap out at the end of the year every year i had duece and portis this year and that totally sucked during the playoffs(fantasy) but anyways i think LT2 will be either one or 2, the other guy i think that has a chance of beating him is portis thats because they can pass, they have a good d and denver can run on anybody. portis will pass him (unless he's hurt), and the reason i dont think j lew will be as good as he was this past year is because i think people will start looking to hurt him and to start stripping the football, hes not very good at holding on to the ball.

but hey what do i know im an idiot

The Saints tanking at the end of the season is nothing new. :)
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Go Vikes » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:06 am

KingGhidra wrote:
Go Vikes wrote:Here are my predictions for next year.

1. Ladainian Tomlinson 1,893
2. Deuce McAllister 1,765
3. Ricky Williams 1,723
4. Edge 1,694
5. J. Lewis 1,678
6. S. Alexander 1,643
7. A. Green 1,598
8. Portis 1,572
9. McGahee 1,521
10. Henry 1,467
11.Barlow 1, 462

634. Najeh Daventrain -65(He gets mixed up which way to go and gets tackled in the backfield on his first play and is out for the season)

Just out of curiosity, how do you come up with predictions accurate to the ones digit?

Also... how in the hell are McGahee and Henry gonna combine for 3000 yards? Are you predicting Henry goes somewhere else?

They were total guesses for the down to the yards part. I am assuming McGahee and Henry will be on different teams.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Buckychudd » Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:05 pm

saaaaaaaaaaame...get together, I'll play you in baskeball

1 on 1

BB...... :-° no thanks, give me a nice contact sport any day! !+)

you noob

Noob?
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Shaffe » Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:24 pm

3. Ricky Williams 1,723
4. Edge 1,694
5. J. Lewis 1,678
6. S. Alexander 1,643
7. A. Green 1,598
8. Portis 1,572
9. McGahee 1,521
10. Henry 1,467
11.Barlow 1, 462

634. Najeh Daventrain -65(He gets mixed up which way to go and gets tackled in the backfield on his first play and is out for the season)

i may be missing something, but where is priest holmes on that list?
Shaffe
Shaffe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby moochman » Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:43 pm

Canacuna wrote:I wish the Bills would admit that they made a mistake in drafting McGahee and trade him. Henry is a stud. He puts up awesome numbers, plays with serious injuries when the team is out of playoff contention, and the Bills repay him by putting him in a RBBC? Bah.

It is the Bills, though. They'll probably bench Henry before they admit they made a mistake by drafting McGahee. Then again, I'm not one of those people who think that McGahee is the second coming of Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, James Brown, Clinton Portis, or whatever like some people think he is.

McGahee may or may not be a future stud, but I agree with Canacuna, Henry is a stud. No Rb has shown more heart and with a sound offensive game plan Henry would be a top 5 RB. All McGahee has shown is that he can recover quicker than anyone thought from a devistating knee injury to return to practice. That's right, A.I., practice. What has he really done? The Bills would be fools to trade Henry.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:40 pm

moochman wrote:
Canacuna wrote:I wish the Bills would admit that they made a mistake in drafting McGahee and trade him. Henry is a stud. He puts up awesome numbers, plays with serious injuries when the team is out of playoff contention, and the Bills repay him by putting him in a RBBC? Bah.

It is the Bills, though. They'll probably bench Henry before they admit they made a mistake by drafting McGahee. Then again, I'm not one of those people who think that McGahee is the second coming of Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, James Brown, Clinton Portis, or whatever like some people think he is.

McGahee may or may not be a future stud, but I agree with Canacuna, Henry is a stud. No Rb has shown more heart and with a sound offensive game plan Henry would be a top 5 RB. All McGahee has shown is that he can recover quicker than anyone thought from a devistating knee injury to return to practice. That's right, A.I., practice. What has he really done? The Bills would be fools to trade Henry.

Travis Henry is supposed to be the franchise player, and we're in here talking about practice. I mean, listen, we're talking about practice. Not a game. Not a game. Not a game. We're talking about practice.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:35 pm

KingGhidra wrote:Travis Henry is supposed to be the franchise player, and we're in here talking about practice. I mean, listen, we're talking about practice. Not a game. Not a game. Not a game. We're talking about practice.

I don't know what it is about sound bites, but they kill me. Iverson's and Jim Mora's Playoffs rants are a sure fire way to make me laugh.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Go Vikes » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:17 pm

Shaffe wrote:

3. Ricky Williams 1,723
4. Edge 1,694
5. J. Lewis 1,678
6. S. Alexander 1,643
7. A. Green 1,598
8. Portis 1,572
9. McGahee 1,521
10. Henry 1,467
11.Barlow 1, 462

i may be missing something, but where is priest holmes on that list?

Yeah, Holmes is now NO. 7 with 1,636
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk