Packer fans, come out and show your guts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Packer fans, come out and show your guts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:42 pm

I have heard many more Packer jokes but they may not be appropriate for boards and considering how young I am I probably shouldn't have heard them either.

As far as Moss and Holt, if you look at Holt's career he has been very inconsistent and has had one good year then a bad one very often. I am not too worried, I still think Moss is better. Right now, I don't don't think anybody can beat Moss. You can say that he drops some passes but to me that makes him all the more impressive because look at his stats and then think that if he would have caught a couple that he dropped his stats could be better. People also criticize him for loafing. I heard an interview with Tice and he said that it is part of Moss' game-plan where he loafs for a play and then he pretends to loaf on the nest one and then bolts downfield when the DB is not ready. I think Moss has a bigger upside than any WR in the NFL. To give the Pack credit, I think Favre used to be the best QB in the league, now he is not even the MVP of his team. He needs to retire. Ahman Green though is a very good back and if he would learn to hold the ball with his other hand sometimes he could be even better.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TTTBone » Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:43 pm

Hey, Pack is Back, granted some of those are pretty funny, but being a newbie at the forum you might want to take it a little easy on the insults and smack until you earn at least one little football.
And, yes Zimm, Randy Moss is the best Reciever in the NFL.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

No disrespect intended

Postby The Pack Is Back » Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:58 pm

By the way not talking smack just having a little fun...So no disrespect intended. I do agree Moss is the best receiver in football for now. As far as Brett Favre goes I think he has another year or so before he calls it quits. His physical capabilities may be diminishing but pound for pound he still finds ways to beat you....
The Pack Is Back
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:13 pm

Pack, congrats on your first football. You have made 5 posts now! I agree that Favre will not retire this year. As long as he still wants to play and enjoys the game I don't know why he would quit. I do think that he would help the team out abit if he would retire. They aren't going to win the North nest year anyways so they might as well give a new young QB some playing time. Favre will want to retire after next year though because it is not going to be a real great year for the Pack... B-)
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby 4Pack » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:16 pm

Now darnit M_Zimm...just when I was beginning too like you...you had too say that Brett should retire. He had 2 or 3 bad games all season and everyone says he has lost it. Tsk tsk tsk! If that is the case...Culpepper should retire also.
4Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deftdelivery » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:17 pm

M_Zimm wrote:Pack, congrats on your first football. You have made 5 posts now! I agree that Favre will not retire this year.

Yea, there was an article on him in our paper here about him staying
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Pack Is Back » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:22 pm

Zimm, I agree with you that Favre will retire when he doesn't have fun putting up the league lead in TD's anymore 32. I do want the Packers to work on a transition though so that I don't have to live through the Starr to Favre years again. Been a Packer fan for a long time and hated the year's between those two.
The Pack Is Back
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:25 pm

4Pack wrote:Now darnit M_Zimm...just when I was beginning too like you...you had too say that Brett should retire. He had 2 or 3 bad games all season and everyone says he has lost it. Tsk tsk tsk! If that is the case...Culpepper should retire also.

No, Favre is still a good QB. He is just "past his prime." I get what you are saying about Daunte but he is young and can learn. Brett is getting old and isn't going to get better. If the Pack want to win they should try to keep him as long as he wants but if they want to prepare for the future they need to get a backup that can play. If I was them I would get one in the draft this year considering any year could be Brett's last and these days bench experience in the NFL seems to be pretty popular. But Brett definitely has a couple years left in him. I just pray that he ends his career with the Pack, not do something dumb like Rice and Cris Carter and Emmit Smith. If you are a guy like him you will forever be thought of as (in his case) a Packer, or in Rice's case a 9er. They need to stick with their team.

BTW, that's fine Pack_is_back, I was just joking too. No disrespect meant.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby 4Pack » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:44 pm

I would like too think that Brett will give the Packers secretly a year notice before he retires so he will not leave them high and dry at the QB position.

BTW....have you ever frequented the "Purple Thoughts" Viking messageboards? Man oh man...they sure have alot of different opinions on Cullpepper over their. It seems half of the fans their are ready too run Culpepper out of town and the other half want too keep him. Personally...I think he is a hell of a QB who can only get better.

One other thing...I am probably in the minority with this amongst Packer fans...but I actually did feel bad for Viking fans after what transpired this past Sunday. Wow...talk about being kicked in the stomach. Being a fan that lives and dies with the Packers....ANY loss just eats at me...but I could not imagine what it must have felt like being a true Viking fan on Sunday.
4Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:01 am

4Pack wrote:I would like too think that Brett will give the Packers secretly a year notice before he retires so he will not leave them high and dry at the QB position.

BTW....have you ever frequented the "Purple Thoughts" Viking messageboards? Man oh man...they sure have alot of different opinions on Cullpepper over their. It seems half of the fans their are ready too run Culpepper out of town and the other half want too keep him. Personally...I think he is a hell of a QB who can only get better.

One other thing...I am probably in the minority with this amongst Packer fans...but I actually did feel bad for Viking fans after what transpired this past Sunday. Wow...talk about being kicked in the stomach. Being a fan that lives and dies with the Packers....ANY loss just eats at me...but I could not imagine what it must have felt like being a true Viking fan on Sunday.

Yea, I bet Brett would do that. You still have to believe that it is within the next couple years so I think they should get one now so he has some experience. They don't have to get one round one but maybe a round two guy. Maybe they coud get Rothlinsberger or whatever that Miami QB is (OH).

Never been to those boards but I have mixed feelings about him too. He can't make quick decisions and his running is getting worse. He stumbles around a lot now and he over-estimates his arm strength. He thinks he can throw it 80 yards so he waits till Moss has gone 60 to throw it. He definitely has potential to be one of the best but he still is a little young and make some bad decisions.

I did feal sick on Sunday. I didn't get to see the whole game but I taped it and unfortunately I saw ESPN before I had a chance to see the tape and I felt like I had been kicked in the stomach. It was heart-breaking but then again, being a Viking fanI have almost gotten used to heart-breaks. :,-(
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk