McNair & Manning share MVPs... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

McNair & Manning share MVPs...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Shatner8 » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:42 pm

Micheal Irvin's an idiot, dont listen to him
Image
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 4615
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 16 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Go Buckeyes

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:44 pm

M_Zimm wrote:If that is what you are saying about Moss you obviously have not watched many Vikings games. Tice hardly ever calls a play where Moss just runs down the field and catches the ball. He is always running routes. Earlier in the year I was complaining that we never would run Moss down the field and have Duante throw it so Moss could run under it. If that is what Micheal Irvin says he needs to watch more film. He is a terrible commentator.


You're right, I haven't seen many Vikings games. However, every SC highlight I see of him, he is sprinting down the field and Culpepper or Frerotte is chucking the ball up in the air for him to catch.

I love Michael Irvin as an analyst. He is one of those guys who tells you what he really thinks. I may not always agree with him, but as an ex-WR who I saw play many games during his career, I think (hope) he knows what he's talking about. Irvin isn't the only analyst I've heard criticize Randy saying he only runs 40 yard fly routes, so I defer to their expertise.
Last edited by KingGhidra on Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4303
Joined: 3 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:51 pm

KingGhidra wrote:[quote="M_Zimm]If that is what you are saying about Moss you obviously have not watched many Vikings games. Tice hardly ever calls a play where Moss just runs down the field and catches the ball. He is always running routes. Earlier in the year I was complaining that we never would run Moss down the field and have Duante throw it so Moss could run under it. If that is what Micheal Irvin says he needs to watch more film. He is a terrible commentator.


You're right, I haven't seen many Vikings games. However, every SC highlight I see of him, he is sprinting down the field and Culpepper or Frerotte is chucking the ball up in the air for him to catch.

I love Michael Irvin as an analyst. He is one of those guys who tells you what he really thinks. I may not always agree with him, but as an ex-WR who I saw play many games during his career, I think (hope) he knows what he's talking about. Irvin isn't the only analyst I've heard criticize Randy saying he only runs 40 yard fly routes, so I defer to their expertise.

I really don't know where they get the idea that Moss just rund down the field and catches it. Go look at his stats, this year he has less 20+ yard catches than almost any other year in his career. Maybe that is what you see on SC because it works when we do it, but we only do it once or twice a game. I eprsonally think we shouls stop doing until Daunte learns how to time a pass. Moss always has to slow down to catch it when he throws it.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5603
Joined: 20 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:48 pm

Shatner8 wrote:Micheal Irvin's an idiot, dont listen to him

LOL. :-D
Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders together might equal one brain.
Image
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 2073
Joined: 24 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: NashTN

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:50 pm

ScreamingWeasel wrote:
Shatner8 wrote:Micheal Irvin's an idiot, dont listen to him

LOL. :-D
Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders together might equal one brain.

Yes, and just because he was a WR doesn't mean he has watched Moss play.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5603
Joined: 20 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:25 pm

ScreamingWeasel wrote:
Shatner8 wrote:Micheal Irvin's an idiot, dont listen to him

LOL. :-D
Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders together might equal one brain.


I think many people are turned off by their personality, but I truly believe they know what they're talking about. Some people just don't like facts in an in your face manner. I'm that type of person, so I relate to them.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4303
Joined: 3 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:43 pm

Not that this has a whole lot to do with the MVP thing, but those of you watching the Titans/Ravens game and remember that "who has a prettier ball" thread, that last Mccareins TD is what I was talking about (it was hard to explain).

When Mcnair completes a 50 yard pass, it's usually because he sees a guy streaking, and throws a huuuge rainbow to him, where the WR makes a play on the ball like Mccareins did on that play jumping inside the DB. And while Manning gets a couple one handed Harrison grabs each year, generally when Manning throws a 50 yard pass, it's usually on a rope, over the WR's outside shoulder, 1 inch over the DB's finger tips and hits the WR in perfect stride.

That being said, you can't say that the Titans WR's aren't good, they are very good. The majority of Mcnair's long passes are "I'm gonna throw it up there, you make a play on it," and they do.

I'm not just saying all this because I'm some Manning fanboy, I'm a Gator fan in college and a Dolphin fan in the NFL, so I hate Manning with every fiber of my being, so it means alot when I say that he was the MVP of the league this year.

I played QB in high school, so I can appreciate how much more of an impact Manning has on the Colts passing game than Mcnair does on Tennessee's.
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:08 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Not that this has a whole lot to do with the MVP thing, but those of you watching the Titans/Ravens game and remember that "who has a prettier ball" thread, that last Mccareins TD is what I was talking about (it was hard to explain).

When Mcnair completes a 50 yard pass, it's usually because he sees a guy streaking, and throws a huuuge rainbow to him, where the WR makes a play on the ball like Mccareins did on that play jumping inside the DB. And while Manning gets a couple one handed Harrison grabs each year, generally when Manning throws a 50 yard pass, it's usually on a rope, over the WR's outside shoulder, 1 inch over the DB's finger tips and hits the WR in perfect stride.

That being said, you can't say that the Titans WR's aren't good, they are very good. The majority of Mcnair's long passes are "I'm gonna throw it up there, you make a play on it," and they do.

I'm not just saying all this because I'm some Manning fanboy, I'm a Gator fan in college and a Dolphin fan in the NFL, so I hate Manning with every fiber of my being, so it means alot when I say that he was the MVP of the league this year.

I played QB in high school, so I can appreciate how much more of an impact Manning has on the Colts passing game than Mcnair does on Tennessee's.


I'd love to see Manning run out of the pocket to his right then throw back across his body to complete a pass. I wonder how "pretty" his passes would look. I don't care if McNair throws his passes end over end, as long as it gets to the guy at the right spot.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4303
Joined: 3 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:03 pm

KingGhidra wrote:Some people just don't like facts in an in your face manner.

Here's an in-your-face fact.
Deion Sanders actually thinks he can coach the Atlanta Falcons.
No. I'm not kidding.
8-o
Image
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 2073
Joined: 24 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: NashTN

Postby moochman » Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:04 pm

bottom line is they are co-MVPs. Who is this year's better QB is still to be determined. The playoffs will be the judge, last man standing wins. The better qB isn't always the one who can throw the prettiest pass or thread the needle, but the one who makes the best decision when the time comes. Manning and McNair are great QBs, let see who is the best leader.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 1:16 hours
(and 55 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact