McNair & Manning share MVPs... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McNair & Manning share MVPs...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:06 pm

ScreamingWeasel wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:Some people just don't like facts in an in your face manner.

Here's an in-your-face fact.
Deion Sanders actually thinks he can coach the Atlanta Falcons.
No. I'm not kidding.
8-o

I know you're not kidding, I just hope the rest of the world thinks Deion is. Of course that would get him out of the studio and it's only the Falcons, so it's not without it's plusses. :-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:16 pm

ScreamingWeasel wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:Some people just don't like facts in an in your face manner.

Here's an in-your-face fact.
Deion Sanders actually thinks he can coach the Atlanta Falcons.
No. I'm not kidding.
8-o

I was absolutely convinced it was a bad idea when I first heard about it. After listening to him give his pitch on ESPN a few weeks back, I'm not so sure it's a bad idea. He can't be any worse than Rich Kotite.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:31 pm

KingGhidra wrote:I'd love to see Manning run out of the pocket to his right then throw back across his body to complete a pass. I wonder how "pretty" his passes would look. I don't care if McNair throws his passes end over end, as long as it gets to the guy at the right spot.

Did you see that last throw he made on the run, as he got hit, 40 yds downfield to pollard in between two defenders?

He moves better than people give him credit for, he just doesn't have to do it often because he sees the field so well and can get the ball out much quicker.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:43 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:I'd love to see Manning run out of the pocket to his right then throw back across his body to complete a pass. I wonder how "pretty" his passes would look. I don't care if McNair throws his passes end over end, as long as it gets to the guy at the right spot.

Did you see that last throw he made on the run, as he got hit, 40 yds downfield to pollard in between two defenders?

He moves better than people give him credit for, he just doesn't have to do it often because he sees the field so well and can get the ball out much quicker.

You're not gonna let this go are you? He doesn't have to move so often because Marvin Harrison is the best WR in the game, excels at beating zone coverage and is open constantly. I don't deny that he sees the field well and throws the ball accurately, but having Jerry Rice version 2.0 really helps.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:51 pm

He's made plenty of other WR's look good. Trust me, I had Harrison on my fantasy squad this year, he had plenty of 32 yard 0 TD games where Manning found other receivers...

Oh yeah, and in case you're wondering, everyone's been saying manning can't win the big game, can't win in the playoffs.

Well, he's now:

12-13 278yds 4TD's 0int's.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:54 pm

Free Bagel wrote:He's made plenty of other WR's look good. Trust me, I had Harrison on my fantasy squad this year, he had plenty of 32 yard 0 TD games where Manning found other receivers...

Okay, so you're saying Harrison isn't a good WR now? I don't understand how, when it's Steve McNair, his WRs make him look good. When it's Peyton Manning, he makes his WRs look good.

The Colts WRs seem to be getting open at will tonight. Manning is very good at getting the ball to a guy in stride, but getting open is getting open. Any capable QB can hit an open WR in stride.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:00 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:He's made plenty of other WR's look good. Trust me, I had Harrison on my fantasy squad this year, he had plenty of 32 yard 0 TD games where Manning found other receivers...

Okay, so you're saying Harrison isn't a good WR now? I don't understand how, when it's Steve McNair, his WRs make him look good. When it's Peyton Manning, he makes his WRs look good.

That's not what I'm saying at all. Harrison is imho, the 2nd best receiver in the NFL.

My point was that there were plenty of games where Harrison didn't do anything and Manning still had a good game. So obviously it's not all about Harrison, because even when Manning's throwing to other WR's he doesn't miss a beat.

Hell, he's made Brandon Stokely look like Jerry Rice today. He's averaging 21.5 yards per pass.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby moochman » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:17 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Hell, he's made Brandon Stokely look like Jerry Rice today. He's averaging 21.5 yards per pass.

That is a point well taken. Who is Brandon Stokely? And before anyone says how they think he is an up and comming WR, answer me this: Was Stokely in your fantasy line-up?
In McNair favor he won in a pretty nasty place to win, Baltimore. The MVP is about leading your team to victory, afterall. Otherwise Leon would be in the running!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:44 pm

moochman wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Hell, he's made Brandon Stokely look like Jerry Rice today. He's averaging 21.5 yards per pass.

That is a point well taken. Who is Brandon Stokely? And before anyone says how they think he is an up and comming WR, answer me this: Was Stokely in your fantasy line-up?
In McNair favor he won in a pretty nasty place to win, Baltimore. The MVP is about leading your team to victory, afterall. Otherwise Leon would be in the running!

I'd say it was more the Broncos secondary than Manning. They couldn't cover anyone all day.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:55 pm

In case you're wondering, Denver's pass defense ranks 6th out of 32
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement