McNair & Manning share MVPs... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McNair & Manning share MVPs...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:05 pm

Free Bagel wrote:In case you're wondering, Denver's pass defense ranks 6th out of 32

Dallas's defense ranked 1st out of 32 and they gave up 29 points last week. Obviously they weren't as good as statistics said, same goes for the Broncos. I saw receivers constantly beating their man by 3 or 4 steps. Yes Manning is accurate and got them the ball, but that Denver secondary almost laid down for them. When you're arguing over who is supposed to cover who that is NOT a good defense, no matter what the statistics say.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:06 pm

For the record, I think Manning is far and away one of THE best active QBs in the league right now. 3rd behind McNair and Favre. I think McNabb could be the next to step up out of mediocrity, but he sorely needs a real WR out there.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Football Newbie » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:27 pm

i actually got a good laugh at most of these posts. It is hard to compare manning to mcnair, as mcnair is not the total pocket passer manning is. In the pocket, manning would crush mcnairs throwing ability, he is just that good. Scrambling though? Mcnair beats the pants off manning, he throws really well on the run. They are both amazing quarterbacks, and while i think manning shuold have been the MVP, i can live with Mcnair as the Co-MVP also. And Mcnair has excellent WR's no matter what anyone says. They might not have a "star" but bennet, mcariens, and calico are all very good. Manning is just THE BEST quarter back in the league inho right now.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk