who's going to be here in the offseason - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

who's going to be here in the offseason

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:38 pm

FFPlayinMoFo wrote:Fantasy Football is always on my mind

It's like a tumor. :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby srthree » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:37 pm

moochman wrote:

don't you mean Toomer. 6th round at best. maybe earlier in a deeper league.
Any given Sunday...
srthree
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CKY_ROX » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:38 pm

ima be here
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby TTTBone » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:38 pm

moochman wrote:

There's a recent article (Dec. 2003) in Scientific American, which explains how certain brain tumors can actually "excite" otherwise dormant parts of the brain. Dr. William Waiver was quoted as saying,"I have patients who have been clinically Brain-Dead for five years, but have won their keeper-league three years running." There appears to be a "fantasy" center located in the temporal lobe that, while normally dormant, becomes "excited" or active when other parts of the brain are neglected. Although this is an ongoing study, it would appear from the initial data that by shutting off certain parts of one's brain (i.e. those relating to inter-personal relationships, eating, physical exercise etc.), one can "wake-up" or "excite" the heretofore, otherwise neglected fantasy center. Although further controlled experiments are needed to confirm the initial results of the study, one researcher was heard to say, "One little stroke, that's all I need. One little stroke and I'm in the playoffs."
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby moochman » Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:14 am

TTTBone Your humorous and intelligent essay is an example of the destructive nature of these tumors. Why stimulating previously dormant fantasy football centers located in the Limbic, or 'pleasure' centers of the brain, it is not without grave consequences. The repetative over-stimulation of the Limbic region tends to lead to others areas of the brain to dis-use, causing those areas to atrophy. In addition to your astute identification of the retardation of social interaction centers and suppression of the centers that release hormones telling persons when they are full, or no longer thirsty, there is another danger as this tumor progresses. In more advanced stages,areas in the hippocampus that direct brain wave activity to help structure thought can be influenced. This often manifests itself via gross expenditure of mental energy, mis-channeled into theories that hold no scientific value once examined at a distance by unaffected researchers.
So please, if you happen to notice any of these symptoms, seek help before it has potentially life altering affects on you. If you are already feverishly checking Canadian Football League box scores, perhaps you could consider donating your body to medical science.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby slowkidz » Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:48 am

moochman wrote:TTTBone Your humorous and intelligent essay is an example of the destructive nature of these tumors. Why stimulating previously dormant fantasy football centers located in the Limbic, or 'pleasure' centers of the brain, it is not without grave consequences. The repetative over-stimulation of the Limbic region tends to lead to others areas of the brain to dis-use, causing those areas to atrophy. In addition to your astute identification of the retardation of social interaction centers and suppression of the centers that release hormones telling persons when they are full, or no longer thirsty, there is another danger as this tumor progresses. In more advanced stages,areas in the hippocampus that direct brain wave activity to help structure thought can be influenced. This often manifests itself via gross expenditure of mental energy, mis-channeled into theories that hold no scientific value once examined at a distance by unaffected researchers.

In Layman's Terms...."Don't Sniff the Dandelions."

;-)
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby The Super Freak » Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:01 am

i will be here till school is over i always log in during my study hall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby converge241 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:30 pm

ill be here always year round

good times
Black and Gold through and through