http://www.thehuddlereport.com/2004DRAF ... draft.html
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby deftdelivery » Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:37 pm

nice find man ;-D

Eagles vs Pats in the superbowl eh?

Not bad...altho I doubt the Panthers would pass on Chris Gamble falling ALL THE WAY TO 27TH...we need secondary help more than help at WR
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:01 pm

Nice find man, I sure hope the Vikes can get Deangelo. That would be nice.

Nice av too. If you want something different that you can't find let me know, I may be able to make one for ya.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby AF » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:03 pm

Nice find indeed, I still don't see the Chargers taking Manning though. My money is on them trading or maybe going with Ftizgerald.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:07 pm

AF wrote:Nice find indeed, I still don't see the Chargers taking Manning though. My money is on them trading or maybe going with Ftizgerald.

I agree. I don't see them taking a QB at number one. I think they will trade down again.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:21 pm

AF wrote:Nice find indeed, I still don't see the Chargers taking Manning though. My money is on them trading or maybe going with Ftizgerald.

I agree, then again teams are very bad with their picks sometimes. My philosophy is fix what is worst with your team. Yes, Brees played bad, but in the 1 game I've seen San Diego play this year, he was running for his life at the snap of the ball. To me, it looks like their offensive line is what is worse and I don't think Brees has a lot of confidence because of it.

I'm not terribly familiar with all the San Diego players, so if any of their fans can help me along it'd be appreciated. Basically that team needs to sit down and figure out why the line is so bad. Do they have a bunch of retread scrubs? Then you need to draft some lineman and/or get some via free agency. Are they good players underperforming? Time to get some new coaching. I know their defense is really bad too, but they have a lot of young prospects in the secondary, so it's to be expected.

Put the pieces around Brees and see what happens. If he still can't get it done, then it's time to draft a new QB, but I don't believe on giving up on a guy after 2 seasons starting.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:25 pm

KingGhidra wrote:

I agree, then again teams are very bad with their picks sometimes. My philosophy is fix what is worst with your team. Yes, Brees played bad, but in the 1 game I've seen San Diego play this year, he was running for his life at the snap of the ball. To me, it looks like their offensive line is what is worse and I don't think Brees has a lot of confidence because of it.

I'm not terribly familiar with all the San Diego players, so if any of their fans can help me along it'd be appreciated. Basically that team needs to sit down and figure out why the line is so bad. Do they have a bunch of retread scrubs? Then you need to draft some lineman and/or get some via free agency. Are they good players underperforming? Time to get some new coaching. I know their defense is really bad too, but they have a lot of young prospects in the secondary, so it's to be expected.

Put the pieces around Brees and see what happens. If he still can't get it done, then it's time to draft a new QB, but I don't believe on giving up on a guy after 2 seasons starting.
I am definitely not a SD fan but I do know that part of the reason that their line was so bad is they were decimated with injuries. They had a bunch injuries to their line. I would be very surprised if they kept the pick.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:40 pm

deftdelivery wrote:Not bad...altho I doubt the Panthers would pass on Chris Gamble falling ALL THE WAY TO 27TH...we need secondary help more than help at WR

I love Chris Gamble, and that says a lot considering I hate OSU. Whatever team drafts him is getting a great deal. He is the prototype of the new DB that is needed in the league. Tall with great hands. I'd love to see him 2-3 years down the line 1 on 1 with Moss jumping for a TD pass.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:54 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
deftdelivery wrote:Not bad...altho I doubt the Panthers would pass on Chris Gamble falling ALL THE WAY TO 27TH...we need secondary help more than help at WR

I love Chris Gamble, and that says a lot considering I hate OSU. Whatever team drafts him is getting a great deal. He is the prototype of the new DB that is needed in the league. Tall with great hands. I'd love to see him 2-3 years down the line 1 on 1 with Moss jumping for a TD pass.
If it would be a good throw unlike the one that ended the game with the Bears Moss would win.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby hayesb26 » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:56 pm

lol bad throw or not moss had that ball in his hands coming down, he should have had it! :-t
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk