Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ramsalldaway514 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:25 pm

interesting
ramsalldaway514
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:29 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Id be pretty upset if the Lions took a RB.
The "expert" determined the DETs Critical Need was at RB.
Currently the Lions have James Stewart who should be fully healthy next season, Bryson, Cobourne, Gary, Pinner, and Trejo. Thats 5 RBs in the 24-28 age group, and a veteran. This guy cant tell me that the Lions most glaring weakness is at RB. Sure, its A weakness, but it isnt the weakest spot by a longshot. I cant see the Lions going with anything but a DE, DB, or OT.

Also, maybe some of you Skins fans can back me up here, but isnt WAS in desperate need of an OT?

The JETS going after a WR? Anyone gonna comment on that?

This "expert" is way off after the first few picks, and even saying that Im probably being generous.
Gamble falling all the way to 27th 8-o

Washington doesn't need an OT as much as they need better oline coaching and protection schemes. Sure, I'd take Walter Jones or Orlando Pace off FA, but Washington needed better head coaching, oline coaching and defensive coaching. Sudden;y we have all 3. Right now I think our glaring weakness is the dline followed by the RB position.

As far as the Jets going after a WR, Moss smells like a #2 not a #1 WR to me. I know, I've sniffed his jersey after the game.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Oh yea.

Postby NFLknowitall » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:37 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Id be pretty upset if the Lions took a RB.
The "expert" determined the DETs Critical Need was at RB.
Currently the Lions have James Stewart who should be fully healthy next season, Bryson, Cobourne, Gary, Pinner, and Trejo. Thats 5 RBs in the 24-28 age group, and a veteran. This guy cant tell me that the Lions most glaring weakness is at RB. Sure, its A weakness, but it isnt the weakest spot by a longshot. I cant see the Lions going with anything but a DE, DB, or OT.

Also, maybe some of you Skins fans can back me up here, but isnt WAS in desperate need of an OT?

The JETS going after a WR? Anyone gonna comment on that?

This "expert" is way off after the first few picks, and even saying that Im probably being generous.
Gamble falling all the way to 27th 8-o

I have some comments for you. Those Lions RB's that you mentioned don't have near the talent that Jackson and Jones do. One of these two backs from the draft would upgrade that Lions offense and Harrington would actually be able to do a little playaction. These two have more talent than any other RB that has come out in a few years.

The Redskins don't need an OT unless you think there is something wrong with All-Pro Jon Jansen and Chris Samuals. They also brought in FA signings last year of OG Dave Fiore from the 49ers and Randy Thomas from the Jets. They are solid on the O-line and unless a great prospect falls will not address the need in the draft until at least the 3rd round.

The Jets do need a WR. They tried to get Darrel Jackson but it fell through and they will most likely try again unless his hands scar them off. Santana is solid, Conway is 33 and Chrebet is about done with all of those concussions he has had. So YES! The Jets need a top WR for Penny to throw to. It is a priority.

Chris Gamble is a great player, no doubt. But he is looking at a mid to late first round selection by most draftniks. There are a lot of solid CB out there and he is one of them. But with all of the talent in this years draft he will fall a little. This year is going to be a great for FA and draft signings. Huge offseason for teams. If you want to learn more the NFLdraftblitz.com board is amazing. Good Luck.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: Oh yea.

Postby Gunslinger » Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:31 pm

NFLknowitall wrote:If you want to learn more the NFLdraftblitz.com board is amazing. Good Luck.

Excellent site! ;-D ;-D
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:40 pm

I think the Vikes will get Marlin Jackson from Michigan. They have the Saints taking him just before us. Either Deangelo Hall or Jackson would be the biggest need.

I think they get the Michigan kid.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk