Canacuna wrote:It could be worse, I guess. They could bring back Dennis Miller in the booth and bring Eric Dickerson back to the sideline.
I know I'm in the minority here, but thought Miller was hilarious in the booth. It's only football, and if you can't understand the referances, look it up! Guess smart and funny doesn't work for MNF. More like dumb and boring.
Top 10 Miller MNF Quotes:
1) On a shot of Rocket Ismail on his stomach on the sideline getting his hamstring massaged by a trainer: "You know when I was a young man, you didn't see the on-field prostate test."
2) "Hey, I'm excited for halftime. We've got a midget league football game coming up. I think one of the teams is the Bengals."
3) "You know Dan, Al and I went out in the Mall of America the other day at the piercing pagoda and we had our nipples pierced."
4) After Al outlined the playoff implications of the game in the second half: "Albeeno, you're the only one with the brain capacity to suck all that in ... I'm eating a hotdog and Dan is scratching himself."
5) "Ah, the Jefferson Memorial -- a stunning testimonial to TV's beloved Weezie Jefferson."
6) After the sprinklers on the field went off early in the fourth quarter: "Who let the sprinklers out, woo - woo! Who let the sprinklers out, woo - woo!"
7) In reference to a Titans fan wearing a mask with fake blood streaming down it: "Remember, all you kids at home, never pick your own zits."
8) To Dan Fouts, after he mentioned that Bills offensive line coach Carl Mauck was his first center: "Dan, how comfy were you tucking your hands in there?
9) "The new owner of the New York Jets is Woody Johnson. The New England Patriots have a second-year center named Damien Woody. So Al, as is often the case in life, what it's probably gonna come down to is who has the better Woody."
10) "Let's all sleep here, have a jammy party, play all night. Al, pull some of your 45s out, I'll make some Jiffy Pop, we'll dance."