Why in the world... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why in the world...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Why in the world...

Postby The Super Freak » Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:16 am

deftdelivery wrote:Are the ESPN commentators doing the Titans - Ravens game? It's ABC!!! I don't wanna hear these idiots ramble on about the greatness of Eddie George

dude i was thinkin the EXACT same thing i was just about to make a post about it too.....BTW i hate the ESPN sportscastors for Sunday night why don't they just have Stu Scott do it???????
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:08 pm

Joe Theismann is by far the worst of the bunch, he has an ongoing feud with Al McGuire, and I'm definetly backing McGuire on this one.

Joe Theismann when he sees any QB make a bad play: What was he thinking. I have a better arm, I was such a great QB, the defences were better and I did more, why wont anyone mention me with Elway and Favre and Montana. I'm better than that guy, bring me out of retirement.

I just want to cock-smack him.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:16 pm

The Super Freak wrote:
deftdelivery wrote:Are the ESPN commentators doing the Titans - Ravens game? It's ABC!!! I don't wanna hear these idiots ramble on about the greatness of Eddie George

dude i was thinkin the EXACT same thing i was just about to make a post about it too.....BTW i hate the ESPN sportscastors for Sunday night why don't they just have Stu Scott do it???????

Stu Scott has that weird eye, though. Creeps me out.

...Not to mention his little catch-phrases are annoying enough when you hear them from time to time on SportsCenter. I don't need to listen to them over and over during a three hour game...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Stingy D » Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:31 am

Canacuna wrote:
The Super Freak wrote:

Stu Scott has that weird eye, though. Creeps me out.

...Not to mention his little catch-phrases are annoying enough when you hear them from time to time on SportsCenter. I don't need to listen to them over and over during a three hour game...

"Hater in the house!"

Couldn't resist.

--SD
"When I am on the plane, ideas just come to my mind. It could be the altitude, it could be the idleness, but most likely it is caused by free alcohol." --Alexander Baburin, Chess Grandmaster
Stingy D
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Keyshawn

Postby recmccl » Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:10 pm

deftdelivery wrote:KeyShawn: "so how does it feel to be the best WR in the NFL, Randy"

Moss: "it feel great, I mean I be good, I play hard, I go get the--"

KeyShawn: "shutup, you ain't the best WR! Just gimme the damn mic!"

That's a funny statement.

Keyshawn just needs to shut up and play. He's not what he was.
recmccl
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TTTBone » Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:41 pm

Canacuna wrote:It could be worse, I guess. They could bring back Dennis Miller in the booth and bring Eric Dickerson back to the sideline.

I know I'm in the minority here, but thought Miller was hilarious in the booth. It's only football, and if you can't understand the referances, look it up! Guess smart and funny doesn't work for MNF. More like dumb and boring.
Top 10 Miller MNF Quotes:
1) On a shot of Rocket Ismail on his stomach on the sideline getting his hamstring massaged by a trainer: "You know when I was a young man, you didn't see the on-field prostate test."
2) "Hey, I'm excited for halftime. We've got a midget league football game coming up. I think one of the teams is the Bengals."
3) "You know Dan, Al and I went out in the Mall of America the other day at the piercing pagoda and we had our nipples pierced."
4) After Al outlined the playoff implications of the game in the second half: "Albeeno, you're the only one with the brain capacity to suck all that in ... I'm eating a hotdog and Dan is scratching himself."
5) "Ah, the Jefferson Memorial -- a stunning testimonial to TV's beloved Weezie Jefferson."
6) After the sprinklers on the field went off early in the fourth quarter: "Who let the sprinklers out, woo - woo! Who let the sprinklers out, woo - woo!"
7) In reference to a Titans fan wearing a mask with fake blood streaming down it: "Remember, all you kids at home, never pick your own zits."
8) To Dan Fouts, after he mentioned that Bills offensive line coach Carl Mauck was his first center: "Dan, how comfy were you tucking your hands in there?
9) "The new owner of the New York Jets is Woody Johnson. The New England Patriots have a second-year center named Damien Woody. So Al, as is often the case in life, what it's probably gonna come down to is who has the better Woody."
10) "Let's all sleep here, have a jammy party, play all night. Al, pull some of your 45s out, I'll make some Jiffy Pop, we'll dance."

Dickerson sucked.
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby ramsalldaway514 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:01 pm

i remember the good old dennis days
ramsalldaway514
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby moochman » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:22 am

I thought they pulled the rug out too soon with Dennis Miller. If they would've allowed for him to get comfortable and the country to get a feel for his humor, he would have been great. Problem was he was trying to hard to be funny or obscure, once he settled in and let it flow, it would have been great. I also think it takes the audience a while to catch on the the cadence of an announcer, they were taken by surprise and not ready to think about what he was saying, and too much was getting by them.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:25 am

Dennis Miller was nothing short of brilliant on MNF ;-D ;-D
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby zombiez » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:32 am

any one catch Aikman cutting on Oakland during the greenbay game this past weekend, that was brasin
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk