Why in the world... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why in the world...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby latraffic » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:32 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:Dennis Miller was nothing short of brilliant on MNF ;-D ;-D

Yep, love him in the booth. I was truly bummed when they yanked him. And he made for a GREAT drinking game... ie. Dennis uses a word no one in the room knows the meaning to, chug a beer; Dennis calls Fouts "Dan-o", take a shot; etc. Made for a great start to the work week.

I think they should bring him back and stick him in with Madden and Al. That would be a riot!

Lisa Guerrero has got to go - she's an idiot about Football and they only stuck here in there to help ratings with a lingerie model.

Worst broadcaster - Boomer Esiason. His radio commentary of the Baltimore/Tennessee game was sick. He absolutely made me puke going on and on and on about Ray Lewis. At one point he compared Ray Lewis to Michael Jordan saying something to the effect that Ray Lewis (yes, RAY Lewis) was the kind of impact player to the NFL as Jordan was the NBA.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deftdelivery » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:51 pm

latraffic wrote:

Worst broadcaster - Boomer Esiason. His radio commentary of the Baltimore/Tennessee game was sick. He absolutely made me puke going on and on and on about Ray Lewis. At one point he compared Ray Lewis to Michael Jordan saying something to the effect that Ray Lewis (yes, RAY Lewis) was the kind of impact player to the NFL as Jordan was the NBA.

What more could you expect from a dumb blonde? ;-7
Last edited by deftdelivery on Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Heimholder » Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:20 pm

Best televised major sports to listen to:

1. Hockey: too much action going on for the guys in the booth to do much but call the game. Also no timeouts. The announcers are well-educated in the game and are great to listen to.

2. Basketball: Same as hockey, except all the time-outs and fouls allow some time for annoying talking. Plus Bill Walton brings the average way down. I think my favorite is Bob Costas - just straight up announces the game.

3. Football: Pretty well covered in this string. I frequently mute the TV and turn on a CD during games. It's amazing how many quarterbacks "throw the best deep ball in the league," and how many running backs "Get the toughest north-south yards in the game". And I can't wait to see the next Colts game because I keep forgetting how good Manning is at play-action. Sheesh. All these teams looking for coaches should just hire sports announcers and solve all their problems.

4. Baseball: Talk about time to fill with useless stats and anecdotes. Some Sports Illustrated columnist timed the actual action in a baseball game once, and came up with like 3.5 hours game time, 17 minutes actual playing.

In conclusion, I recommend watching more hockey. It won't make you puke, and the rhythmic back-and-forth action is great for an afternoon nap. Plus it's the only sport where the refs let the players fight.

-Coach Holder
Heimholder

Friendliness: %

Postby brownslover » Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:54 pm

I was also one of the few that actually like Dennis Miller in the booth.
When I watch the Browns, I usually turn off the tv and listen to Jim Donovan on the radio. In a world full of Browns-hating announcers, Donovan is a breath of fresh air. :-°
What's your fat ass doing here?

He's my only means of conveyance. Buuut I guess I do spoil him.
brownslover
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk