I nearly forgot what it was like... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I nearly forgot what it was like...

Moderator: Football Moderators

I nearly forgot what it was like...

Postby srthree » Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:47 am

to watch an NFL football game without having any player biases or rooting interest. The Titans/Ravens game was awesome and I did not even care how my players were doing or who my opponent or division rival had in the game. Almost makes me want to give up fantasy football. No wait, I forgot I root for the Bears so I need something else to peak my interest. It was a good feeling anyway. IMO, NFL Playoffs are the best of all spectator sports.
Any given Sunday...
srthree
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:22 pm

I am still cheering for players, I joined a fantasy playoff with $$$ up for grabs

Friendliness: %

Postby terpfan » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:23 pm

i know exactly what u mean. i like watching the playoffs esecially because it gives me a chance to watch good football. something i miss when watching the redskins... it makes me incredibly jealous of other fans who get to watch that kind of stuff every week. :-/
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:25 pm

I was thinking that EXACT thing last night. I just laid there on my bed and watched the Ravens/Titans game in it's entirety. No jumping up to my computer to check stats for the other games or logging in to see how my teams were doing. Just sat back and enjoyed what was a really good game.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Re: I nearly forgot what it was like...

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:18 pm

srthree wrote:IMO, NFL Playoffs are the best of all spectator sports.

This is true.

10-15 years ago, for me, it was NCAA "March Madness".
But then college basketball went NBA-junior and the Mega-Schools truly and completely took over.

Then MLB did away with the pennant race (the #1 saving grace about the entire sport) and installed playoffs.

NFL Playoffs. No doubt about it.
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Shaffe » Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:02 pm

i still have to go with march madness. i don't know what you're saying about the big schools taking over, even though they do nd up winning in the end there's always upsets. look at marquette over kentucky last year, who called that? playoffs of any sort are the best part of any sport. hint to NCAA football...
Shaffe
Shaffe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby AF » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:02 pm

FF is the reason I like the post-season so much. The fact that I spend the whole year watching every player in every game and checking their stats over and over makes the end of that and the play-offs better. I think the fact that the postseason is a change away from that makes the games more fun to watch.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:19 pm

A point well taken, AF. Following players all season has given me a hightened awareness of not having to do it now. But unlike the blasphemous heathens; srthree, terpfan, and kingghidra, I get more enjoyment at watching the games and seeing some of the players I don't get to see in action. While the NFL playoffs have always been the king to me, with March madness second, the playoffs are even better with my conversion to ff.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby GB Packer Fan 2004 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:24 pm

I still do NFL.com Fantasy and the games here at the CAFE. I don't follow them as much as I do with regular season FF. The best playoffs Football March Madness (reason why 1 loss=go home) In the other sports it takes multiple wins to advance. I still follow Other sports. IN addition to a Packer Fan I am a Yankees, Knicks and Rangers Fan.
GB Packer Fan 2004
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TTTBone » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:37 pm

GB Packer Fan 2004 wrote: IN addition to a Packer Fan I am a Yankees, Knicks and Rangers Fan.

So, the Giants and Jets not good enough for ya'?
That's cool, the Packer Nation is happy to have you. ;-D
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Next

Return to Football Talk