NOOOOOOO!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

NOOOOOOO!!!

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:26 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Mortensen just reported Ray Rhodes is a leading candidate for the Washington head coaching job. Please NO! NO! NO! He already proved he can't get the job done as a head coach, give us Romeo Crenell!
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby srthree » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:39 pm

whoa, the length of that topic made my screen go crazy. thanks for editing it.

hey there is some talk about Ray Rhodes here too. what makes him a bad choice? I don't recall his previous job.
As for Romeo, I'm a little concerned about a 23 year veteran assistant with no head coaching experience taking over as our head coach.

What do you think of Kubiak from Denver?
Any given Sunday...
srthree
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Purple_Pride » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:45 pm

Ray Rhodes has had the chance to be a head coach before and he sucked! also the skins already have a good D, you need a coach who can put an NFL calibre offence on the field.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:48 pm

Mr. Rhodes is not interested in the Skins job. I think I read it on sportsline.com,,,,,,,,,,this must be some kinda ploy though.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:04 pm

srthree wrote:whoa, the length of that topic made my screen go crazy. thanks for editing it.

hey there is some talk about Ray Rhodes here too. what makes him a bad choice? I don't recall his previous job.
As for Romeo, I'm a little concerned about a 23 year veteran assistant with no head coaching experience taking over as our head coach.

What do you think of Kubiak from Denver?

He coached here in Philly for 3 or 4 seasons. He didn't do any better than Buddy Ryan. I don't really have an opinion of Kubiak really. I just want someone to come in and do a good job with Ramsey & Coles who are our future. We definitely need a better defensive coordinator than we had last year too.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:51 pm

This is why I don't like that minority coaching interview rule they have. Rhodes, Green, and others will be talked about for all these jobs whether they want them or not. Then they have to bring someone in to fill a requirement. It will be hard to figure out whether teams are really interested. Both of them are good coaches because they won with the teams they coached, they just didn't win "the big games" so all of a sudden they are bad. It's really, really hard for a team to win the title! So, the coach gets blamed for the whole thing. I can understand firing coaches if they haven't won many games after 3 - 4 years or if there are major issues between the players and the coach, but otherwise I wish the coaches wouldn't get blamed so much.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:30 pm

Ray Rhodes is a good coach, but maybe not a good head coach. He went 10-6 his first two years in Philly, and then 17-30-1 overall his next three seasons (one in G.Bay). The rap against him in both Philly and G.B. was that he was not disciplined enough as a head coach, and lost control of the team. Great coordinator, but hasn't proven himself to be head coaching material. Maybe he's ready now, but I wouldn't take the gamble on him.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby moochman » Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:41 pm

Maybe the Skins can pry Marty Morningheg away from the Iggles? There now Rhodes doesn't sound all that bad now does he? What kind of self-respecting coach is going to want anything to do with Snyder?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby TTTBone » Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:03 pm

moochman wrote:Maybe the Skins can pry Marty Morningheg away from the Iggles? There now Rhodes doesn't sound all that bad now does he? What kind of self-respecting coach is going to want anything to do with Snyder?

Well, Snyder may be a 1st class a-hole, but pretty much any coach who isn't gauranteed a head coaching job elsewhere would probably jump (or at least hop a little) at the chance to be a head coach in the NFL. Hopefully (but I doubt it) Snyder has learned he has to back off and let the coach and GM run the team. 'Skins have some good talent, if Snyder can resist the urge to jump in and screw it all up. Doubtful at best.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby moochman » Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:17 pm

TTTBone wrote:Snyder has learned he has to back off and let the coach and GM run the team. 'Skins have some good talent, if Snyder can resist the urge to jump in and screw it all up. Doubtful at best.

That's a contrary statement, but sadly true and just the reason that many a head coach would think twice before accepting a job there, IMO. It's a shame cause all they ned is some O-line help and they would be much better than they look.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Football Talk