Top 10 WR's? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top 10 WR's?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby davus » Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:21 pm

LOL...you guys are seriously unervaluing Owens. Come on, he's been a stud for years...I think moving to a different team will help his numbers too.
davus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:49 pm

Moss
Holt
Harrison
C. Johnson
Ward
TO (obviously depends where he ends up)
Boldin
S. Moss
Mason
Coles
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby deftdelivery » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:52 pm

CKY_ROX wrote:whres boldin? or is he gunna get hit tby the sophmore jynx?

I think Boldin was a bit of a fluke this year...not to take away from his talent, but there was NOBODY else for Arizona to go to...
I don't believe in the sophomore jinx, but I think he'll have a less-effective year
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:20 pm

Moss
Harrison
Holt
CJ
TO
Santana
Hines
Andre Johnson
Boston
Chambers

I took some more chances than most of you guys, I think Boldin was a fluke, I mean Tommie Harris (Oklahoma DT) has a better 40 time, and Coles only had 4 or 5 good games this year. I think Javon Walker, Donte Stallworth, and Ashley Lelie will all be good next year.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:26 pm

deftdelivery wrote:
CKY_ROX wrote:whres boldin? or is he gunna get hit tby the sophmore jynx?

I think Boldin was a bit of a fluke this year...not to take away from his talent, but there was NOBODY else for Arizona to go to...
I don't believe in the sophomore jinx, but I think he'll have a less-effective year

I think that if Arizona gets better he will get worse. A lot of the yards he got were from garbage time in games. When the other team has prevent Defense it is easy to get a bunch of little cacthes for yards.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:02 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I took some more chances than most of you guys, I think Boldin was a fluke, I mean Tommie Harris (Oklahoma DT) has a better 40 time, and Coles only had 4 or 5 good games this year. I think Javon Walker, Donte Stallworth, and Ashley Lelie will all be good next year.

Boldin has worse than a 4.6 40? Somehow I don't believe that, and even if it's true, so what. The NFL is littered with ex track starts trying to play the WR position who failed. If he can catch, if he can run a route, he can be effective.

Coles had almost the exact same numbers as he had his 2002 season. Considering he went from a 9-7 playoff team to a 5-11 disaster, he can only get BETTER from here. Okay he COULD get worse, but what he did this year proved a lot to me. He didn't fall off like Peerless Price. Coles is semi-stud in my eyes right now.

I'll take Javon Walker off that list and draft him. Stallworth SHOULD be good, but he needs to stay healthy. Lelie will probably take 2 more seasons.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mannubhai » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:09 pm

My top 10 WR for next year
1. Randy Moss
2. Chad Johnson
3. Torry Holt
4. Marvin Harrison
5. Terell Owens
6. Joe Horn
7. Peerless Price
8. Hines Ward
9. Anquan Boldin
10. Lavarenous Coles

My sleepers include Jerry Porter and Ashley Lelie.
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:21 pm

Just out of curiosity, why all the sentimentality for Chad Johnson? He definitely has been improving the last 2 years, but Moss, Harrison & Holt have definitely been more consistent. Ward's another guy that I probably should have ranked over CJ... Even on a bad Pitt team he still put up 1100 yards and 10 TDs. Chances are, he won't get worse next year barring injury.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mannubhai » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:27 pm

KingGhidra wrote:Just out of curiosity, why all the sentimentality for Chad Johnson? He definitely has been improving the last 2 years, but Moss, Harrison & Holt have definitely been more consistent. Ward's another guy that I probably should have ranked over CJ... Even on a bad Pitt team he still put up 1100 yards and 10 TDs. Chances are, he won't get worse next year barring injury.

I like the huge potential in Chad Johnson. He is da man. Moss, no doubt is number one. Manning has too many weapons at his disposal, Harrison's value goes down. Holt was awesome when Marshall was out. Marshall Faulk takes away Holt's TDs. Ward is darn good too but with Maddox fading, nah.
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:28 pm

Randy Moss
Marvin Harrison
Chad Johnson
Torry Holt
Terrell Owens
Santana Moss
Hines Ward
Anquan Boldin
Lavernues Coles
David Boston

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk