A couple RB Questions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

A couple RB Questions

Moderator: Football Moderators

A couple RB Questions

Postby Shatner8 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:44 pm

Hey i could use your help on a few things

1. Who will be the starting RB for the Oakland Raiders next year, Garner or Wheatley?

2. Will James Stewart regain the starting role in detroit?
Last edited by Shatner8 on Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:52 pm

Obviously these are just my opinions but I personally think that niether one will be the starter for Oakland, it will be Fargas. I also don't think that Stewart will resign. I think Bryson will be the guy there.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:54 pm

1.Depends on who's coaching there nut I think it's Garner's job to lose.

2.Stewart's job but he'll have to earn it in camp and will share carries with the younger backs.

Not sure of any contract issues concerning any backs on either team.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Football Newbie » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:57 pm

M_Zimm wrote:Obviously these are just my opinions but I personally think that niether one will be the starter for Oakland, it will be Fargas. I also don't think that Stewart will resign. I think Bryson will be the guy there.

i saw a few sites in the preseason saying to draft fargas because he will take garners job this year... guess that didnt happen.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: A couple RB Questions

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:12 pm

Shatner8 wrote:Hey i could use your help on a few things

1. Who will be the starting RB for the Oakland Raiders next year, Garner or Wheatley?

If it's between solely those two, I'd say Wheatley. I don't see Garner coming back next year. Otherwise, the best fantasy back in Oakland probably isn't in silver & black yet.

He is 32 or 33 now and has had some injury problems the last few years. He's been productive, but nothing that would warrant him automatically getting his job back next year. Everyone is hyping Pinner now, but I like Bryson right now. I'm basing that on seeing only one of their games (against Green Bay) and he ran well. Maybe some Detroit fans can shed some light on why Bryson supposedly sucks.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TTTBone » Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:25 pm

I don't know, if Wheatley and Garner are both back, I see a RBBC. Garner still the main man (great reciever out of the backfield) with Fargas getting about the same carries as Garner, but not the catches. Wheatley will still be the short yardage/goal line guy. A mess as far as fantasy is concerned. :-/
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Re: A couple RB Questions

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:28 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
Shatner8 wrote:Hey i could use your help on a few things

If it's between solely those two, I'd say Wheatley. I don't see Garner coming back next year. Otherwise, the best fantasy back in Oakland probably isn't in silver & black yet.

He is 32 or 33 now and has had some injury problems the last few years. He's been productive, but nothing that would warrant him automatically getting his job back next year. Everyone is hyping Pinner now, but I like Bryson right now. I'm basing that on seeing only one of their games (against Green Bay) and he ran well. Maybe some Detroit fans can shed some light on why Bryson supposedly sucks.

I agree with ya about da Raiders RBs. I don't think any of them will start next year, haven't said this yet but I think they will be in the running for Rudi/Dillon, whichever Cinci doesn't resign, along with Dallas.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:10 pm

I don't think there's really an answer to either question because neither team with have a "#1" RB.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:27 am

They probably will both have RBBC, expecially in Detroit. Stewart will most likely be the primary RB with Pinner a short yardage back and Bryson a third down back. There could be a lot of changes in Oakland, hard to tell about a RB when you don't know who's coaching. My bet is Garner gets the bulk of the work, could be a sleeperpick next year.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Hello

Postby NFLknowitall » Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:06 am

The Raiders are sitting with draft pick #2 and will most likely grab a QB of the future in Eli or Rosey. At RB they will still be RBBC with the rotation of Fargas, Wheatley and Garner.

In Detroit, they are drafting at pick #6 and will grab the best RB on the board which will most likely be Stephan Jackson or Kevin Jones. That will be your new RB in MoTown. Matt Millen is Detriot has drafted #1 Franchise QB, then #1 Franchise WR and now will go after #1 Franchise RB. This sounds like another franchise who started this back in 1989.... hmmm. they won 3 SB's in 4 years...... hmmm.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk