Which Rb will be drafted first and who will be best? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Which Rb will be drafted first and who will be best?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which Rb will be drafted first and who will be best?

Postby loydchristmas » Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:01 am

Out of the best 3, who do you think will have the best year next year?

Kevin Jones
Steven Jackson
Chris Perry

Personally i thiink Jones will do the best and may surpise some people next year.

I havent seen much of Steven Jackson though. How good is he?
loydchristmas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Super Freak » Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:03 am

i haven't seen a lot of any of them but from what i have seen i would think perry

i don't watch much college football
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:12 pm

I watch a lot of college football and have seen all of them play. All 3 of them are amazing and it would definetly depend on the situation. I'm a Michigan fan, but I would have to say Stevan Jackson is the best of the bunch. He is big and quick and has good vision. Tough to bring down and hits the holes well. Jones is probably the next best. He is lightning fast and has the size and power to break some tackles. Perry is fast, tough, and has very quick feet. All 3 of them are good RBs but I would say Stevan Jackson is the best. Also look out for Carnell "Cadillac" Williams if he enters the draft.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby loydchristmas » Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:26 am

How do all these guys compare to Maurice Clarett?
Is he going to be in the draft?
loydchristmas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:05 am

loydchristmas wrote:How do all these guys compare to Maurice Clarett?

Last I heard, he was going back to college. Good move.

I hear that Steven Jackson is really good, but I rarely get west coast games out here. Chris Perry looks good, but Jones is really impressive. He seemed like the best out of all the ones I've seen this year and he'd be a good fit in Washington. :)
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:13 am

The answer to the question is that it depends on the situation. My guess is that all of them will struggle to see playing time next yr.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:05 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:The answer to the question is that it depends on the situation. My guess is that all of them will struggle to see playing time next yr.

I don't know about playing time but I don' think they will have a huge impact. Knowing that they will be drafted early they will probably go to a bad team, unless one lasts until one of the Patriots many picks.So if they go o a really bad team they probably won't have a great line. That would mean that they would probably not have the greatest year. I think Dallas will take one but they are in the playoffs. I think that Oakland may take one but with that management there I have no idea, they may take another D player... I think threre is a chance that Zone may take a RB but Shipp looked pretty good. There are a couple other teams that might take one but it depends on where they go. A couple of the guys out there would be better fits somewhere than somewhere else.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby The Super Freak » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:08 am

loydchristmas wrote:How do all these guys compare to Maurice Clarett?

IF clarett is in the draft i would not draft him he hasn't even played college ball in 2 years!!!!! he will need some time to get used to getting hit
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby slowkidz » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:45 am

The Super Freak wrote:IF clarett is in the draft i would not draft him he hasn't even played college ball in 2 years!!!!! he will need some time to get used to getting hit

clarrett only missed this season. he played last year, granted injured mostly, but played nonetheless...
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby moochman » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:06 pm

I like Jones as the better of the 3, them Jackson. Haven't seen alot of either, but Perry looks like a servicable back-type. Not exactly what you look for in a 1st round draft pick.
Clarrett has toned down his threats to challenge the NFL's rules for underclassmen due to a counter proposal from the league stating that if he passes the rigid 'Spell NFL' test they'll let him in. unfortunately Clarrett has neglected to show up for his tutoring sessions. Says he has been too busy not attending his other classes!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Football Talk