Who wins?

Philadelphia Eagles
43%
Green Bay Packers
57%

Total votes : 35

Packers @ Eagles

Postby brdmaverick » Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:12 pm

Will the Eagles win a playoff game in their new stadium?
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby brdmaverick » Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:23 pm

The Green Bay defense looked pretty bad in the game against Seattle, they will need to step it up big time if they want to have any shot at winning. Philly will probably be without Westbrook, but that won't matter much as long as McNabb is on his game. We saw Hasselbeck give the Packers trouble all day long, and McNabb should do the same.

Everything points towards an easy Eagles victory, but I am gonna go out on a limb and say the Packers' magical season will continue.

Ahman Green should have an easier time runnin' through Philly than he did through Seattle.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby latraffic » Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:55 pm

Call it a hunch but GB is looking like they DO have angels on their side. And Favre has never looked better or more determined.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby DiRtY BuCs » Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:55 pm

Favre and His Angels will prevail
DiRtY BuCs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:08 pm

McNabb and his Eagles will prevail at home, they will get back to mid-season form and take this game.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Homeless » Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:17 pm

Angels wont save the Pack, Eagles move on.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby brdmaverick » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:18 pm

Beleive it or not, but Brett Favre has been very underrated. Everyone keeps talking about the Packers as being all about Ahman Green. Even though Green is their biggest weapon, Favre still has a lot of gas left in the tank. I even heard the announcers on Sunday saying that the Seattle defense is trying to make Brett Favre throw the ball. How absurd does that sound?

Anyways, Favre has been playing great recently (also Javon Walker), so if Green gets the running game going early, the Green Bay offense should have its way with the Philly D.
It's stopping Philly's offense that will be the problem.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mannubhai » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:20 pm

Packers will win this one. Eagles cant stop the run, their home record is mediocore. Brian Westbrook, who is a huge part of the Eagles offense and special teams is out. Duce and Buckhalter wont be able to run that well. Packers will prevail.
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CKY_ROX » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:25 pm

hte packs angels will not help out, they cant work past the wildcard, its an angels rule. McNabb will be an allstar and dominate the pacs secondary
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby greatgretzky » Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:19 pm

tough call, I am terrified of this game, but a couple of thoughts stand out to me:

westbrook didn't play in their first meeting, so they won without him before.
they already beat green bay in their house
both mcnabb and farve had hurt thumbs, but mcnabb found the way to win
ahman greens big day in the first meeting didn't mean they won

green bays vaunted streak went like this:

loss to detroit, beat chicago, beat san diego, beat oakland, beat a toothless broncos team with nothing to play for and no portis, struggle to beat a woeful road team in seattle in the first round.

this isn't to say eagles haven't had their share of cupcakes, but a loss to san fran is a different animal indeed than losign to detroit.

this is gonna be real tough, and the pack could win, definitely. But farve can be rattled and mr. pass interference himself, al harris won't do be able to do that against mcnabb.

plus with dawkins, taylor and probably vincent back, some of farve's ducks may not connect like they have been.

the eagles run d is definitely suspect, but teams have to translate that to points, something a lot of teams have had difficulty doing. I think dawkins will lay the wood on ahman like he did to ricky williams. he looked downright scared after that.

I can't wait though.
greatgretzky
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk