Hasslebecks Guaranteeeeee!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hasslebecks Guaranteeeeee!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hasslebecks Guaranteeeeee!!!

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:16 pm

First off let me start by saying I thought it was great, sometimes something like that can get your team fired up, on the other hand it could piss the other team off and push them harder. Anyhow I thought it was great,,,and if Favre, Manning, Plummer, McNair,,,,whoever said it I honestly would think the same thing,,,,and I think there are some people here who would "like the statement" if their QB was the one to say it. He is the Goat first off for the INT,,, and secondly for saying it,,,,,BUT,,,,if they had of scored,,,,well paint your own picture.

Not to mention for the first time in my adult life, I feel that the Seattle Seahawks have a QB,,,for real,,,,yes I had tiny doubts about him but they are now erased.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Canacuna » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:17 pm

Hass is awesome.

I got to talk to him a bit when the Seahawks came over to Cheney for their pre-season training. Cool guy. ;-D
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:47 pm

Gutsy statement by Hass...could've gone either way,had they scored,well,then he called it...so happens he was wrong.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Shatner8 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:48 pm

Ya, gutsy Move but it wouldve been much better if he had actually been right.
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mannubhai » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:04 pm

That was cool! Hass will be back with vengenace. I can see bright future for Seahawks next year. Only if they improve a secondary via the draft and free agent market. Is there any possibilty that the Seahawks might trade to grab a top notch CB in the draft?
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:10 pm

Hasselbeck's comment wasn't grim at all and obviously not totally serious. But nonetheless, I thought it was funny at the time. And C-Hawk's right, people would've loved it if Manning or Favre had said it.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby brdmaverick » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:39 pm

I think it was great. Sure he was wrong, but the Seahawks gotta love the confidence and composure that he showed during his first playoff game. He played just as well as Brett Favre IN LAMBEAU. Fittingly for Packer fans the game ended on an INT return for a TD (one in which hasselbeck made an unsuccessful diving attempt to try to stop him.

The Hawks lost and Hasselbeck probably regrets his statements, but I thought it was great, and I'm a Packers fan. Watch out for that guy in the future.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Hasslebecks Guaranteeeeee!!!

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:55 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:Not to mention for the first time in my adult life, I feel that the Seattle Seahawks have a QB,,,for real,,,,yes I had tiny doubts about him but they are now erased.

Now all they need are some real WRs (or their current WRs to perform like real WRs) and they'll be in business.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Hasslebecks Guaranteeeeee!!!

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:43 pm

9er Fan wrote:
Canadian Seahawk wrote:Not to mention for the first time in my adult life, I feel that the Seattle Seahawks have a QB,,,for real,,,,yes I had tiny doubts about him but they are now erased.

Now all they need are some real WRs (or their current WRs to perform like real WRs) and they'll be in business.

in my world we sign YOUR Owens in the offseason!!!
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby fantasizing » Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:06 pm

All I gotta say is watch out for Seattle next year. This year has been a year full of mistakes, critical mistakes at critical times. But, the team learns and remembers. If they can keep this core group together (remember, DJax is unrestriced) they will make it to the superbowl soon, maybe not next year, but soon. This team has the potential to have the best offense in the league.

BTW, the WR's are fine. They're young, they make mistakes, but they have shown the ability to make monster plays.

I think a loss like this will motivate them even more for next year.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk