Hasslebecks Guaranteeeeee!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hasslebecks Guaranteeeeee!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby GB Packer Fan 2004 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:12 pm

I Think Seattle will be a good team next year. Although they need to fix a few problems. Their D gives up too many points on the road. Their recievers drop too many passes. They can be very dangerous if they fix these problems.
GB Packer Fan 2004
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby greatgretzky » Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:13 pm

i think seattle showed a lot. a good game to build on. And I don;t think their road woes will factor as prominently. But, I hope the eagles sign djaxc. everyone in philyl wants owens, but reid won't have that. I think d jax would be nice and the type of [player philly could embrace.
greatgretzky
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Canacuna » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:30 am

mannubhai wrote:That was cool! Hass will be back with vengenace. I can see bright future for Seahawks next year. Only if they improve a secondary via the draft and free agent market. Is there any possibilty that the Seahawks might trade to grab a top notch CB in the draft?

They have some quality guys in Trufant and Lucas. They're both young, but both are capable enough. I would seriously consider resigning Willie Williams and maybe even Shawn Springs if he will take the money he deserves (definitely not as much as what he is expecting). The Seahawks need to get a pass rusher to go along with Chike Okeafer or maybe another MLB if they don't resign Godfrey. I think you're right though - they should invest in a CB in the first three rounds.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby The Super Freak » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:23 am

i would never make any guarantees when your playin the packers with their horseshoes up their butts!!!!!
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:28 am

The Super Freak wrote:i would never make any guarantees when your playin the packers with their horseshoes up their butts!!!!!

Maybe so but there cheese is about to go bad in Philly.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby The Super Freak » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:35 am

M_Zimm wrote:
The Super Freak wrote:i would never make any guarantees when your playin the packers with their horseshoes up their butts!!!!!

Maybe so but there cheese is about to go bad in Philly.

i agree wholeheartedly!!!!!
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby DUKE » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:49 am

I think Seattle could use a little help on the D-line....maybe a corner later, but some of that depends on what happens with Springs. Trufant was a hell of a pick for them and should be good for years.....Oh yeah, and back to the topic: I like that Hasselbeck was fired up and confident for the win, but If Manning, Mcnair or any of the others that were mentioned would have said the same thing and lost the game w/ an int, they'd be taking heat too.
But I agree w/ C-Hawk; Seattle has a very legitimate qb, which is something that they finally won't have to worry about coming into next season.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:10 am

One of the great parts of the guarantee was the fact that he got Bernie Kukar to chuckle (the referee for the game - once again I am a pureyor of useless info). All the same, it would have been cooler had they scored themselves and not given GB the game.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby latraffic » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:16 am

Seattle does look to be dangerous next year. They have all the tools to be excellent, just need another offseason to fine tune things and they have the coaches to do it.

Hasslebeck's statement was great. That is the kind of ballsy attitude Seattle needs more than anything. The team has been pathetic for so long that they need someone to lead them with a passion for winning. Hasslebeck looks to be the guy (although I had serious doubts for the last couple seasons - now I'm glad I held on to his rookie cards).
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk