Priest Holmes? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Priest Holmes?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Priest Holmes?

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:11 pm

I was in 2 FF leagues this season, 1 i lost miserably 11th out of 12 and worked my butt off (12th overall pick). The winner Had Priest Holmes.
The other league I won, I had Priest Holmes (3rd overall pick).
This led me to ponder, of all the people in here how many winning teams was the Holy One on?

Edit:
Good point VHawk ;-D It raises another query, what draft spot did the winner of your league have.
Last edited by Redskins Win on Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AF » Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:38 pm

I won my league and did not have Holmes. I did however have Jamal Lewis. The man with Holmes finished in 4th and there was a guy with Portis and LT2 (long story don't ask) who finished in 6th.

My final roster was:

QB: M. Bulger, M. Hasselbeck, C. Pennington, J. Garcia
HB: J. Lewis, M. Faulk
WR: R. Moss, S. Smith, I. Hilliard, M. Booker
TE: J. Shockey, A. Becht
K: J. Brown, O. Mare
D: MIA, KC

I got Bulger, Pennington, Smith, Hilliard, Becht, Brown and KC off of waivers during the season while getting rid of... Pittman, Hambrick, DEN, Lindell, Fauria, Morgan and somebody else. With Bulger and Pennington being FAs when I got them I couldn't let them sit there while somebody else got them that could use them so I took them even though I didn't need them. With out a doubt the best move I made off the WW was S. Smith he helped me a ton.
Last edited by AF on Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:46 pm

The team who won my league did not have either one. She had LT2 and Moss though.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:09 pm

Out of my 8 leagues, only one champ had Priest on their team. But 2 champs drafted Priest and traded him for another stud RB and a stud WR.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Homeless » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:55 pm

I had LT2 and won

The guy with Holmes finsihed 5th.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Re: Priest Holmes?

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:59 pm

Redskins Win wrote:Edit:
Good point VHawk ;-D It raises another query, what draft spot did the winner of your league have.

Well, the champ with Priest got him with the 3rd pick(behind LT and Ricky) and the two that traded Priest both had the 5th pick.

In my 3 championship teams, I had the 3rd pick, the 5th pick, and the 7th pick.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Canacuna » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:00 pm

In my four leagues, whoever had Priest didn't win any of them (I never had him). The highest a Priest owner ever got was fourth place, and three out of the four, the owner missed the playoffs.

I won in two of my leagues with Ricky Williams and Curtis Martin in one, and Shaun Alexander and Domanick Davis (got rid of Hambrick ASAP) in another.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby NFLknowitall » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:12 pm

I won my league. 10 Teams, I drafted 6th in a snake draft. I prefer quanity of good players over one quality player so I traded the 6th overall player to a guy for his 2nd, 3rd and 5th round choices. It worked out great. It allowed my to select my TE, Defense and second teir players ahead of every other team in the draft. I did not have Priest either, wish I did. But I got by on Alexander, Barlow, Thomas and Rudi. Overall team depth was the key to my winning.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:14 pm

Most of my teams that made the postseason had Priest Holmes.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Id0Lb0t » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:34 pm

i had priest, and won our championship. i wasnt one of those people at the beginning of the year that was afraid of his hip, so i took him with the first overall pick.

a lot of times priest singlehanded won games for me. i had a draft riddled with failures(i.e. curtis martin, amani toomer, aaron brooks)
Id0Lb0t
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Next

Return to Football Talk