Fantasy thoughts on this weekend's games - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fantasy thoughts on this weekend's games

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fantasy thoughts on this weekend's games

Postby The Lung » Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:06 pm

Who are your fantasy picks for this week?

The obvious first choice has got to be the Colts versus the Chiefs - this game could turn into a track meet. I would start Manning, Harrison, Edge, Wayne, Vanderjagt and even Stokely. For the Chiefs, I see Green, Holmes, and Gonzalez having big days but the WRs are just too undependable. With the Chief's lackluster D, I think Indy could pull off the upset.

I like the Rams offense at home versus the Panthers. Bulger, Holt, Bruce, Faulk and Wilkins could light it up BIG time.

Other than the Carolina defense, who may capitalize on some Bulger mistakes, I don't like any Panthers. I don't think for a minute that Delhomme and Steve Smith will have the same success as last week. St. Louis can be run on, but Carolina might be behind early, which would limit Stephen Davis. Kasay's kicking might be the only good Carolina pick, but it won't be enough to beat the Rams.

For Green Bay, I'd go with Favre, Walker and Ahman Green. He might not have 192 yards again, but the Philly run defense leaks like a sieve. Driver, Ferguson and the GB tight ends are too risky to use, as well as kicker Longwell.

For Philly, you gotta go with McNabb. Westbrook is out, which narrows the RB situation to just Buckhalter and Staley, but it's still anybody's guess who will produce. Just like in the regular season, avoid Philly WRs at all costs. Starting either tight end L.J. Smith or Chad Lewis or K Akers also seems risky, imo. I don't think that either team's defense is a great pick.

I don't think there are ANY strong fantasy plays in the Titans/Patriots matchup. It's gonna be colder than a witch's nipple on Saturday night, and it may snow. There's also a lot of "committees" on these teams. The Patrots D is the best pick, with Tom Brady a distant second. I would avoid McNair, George, and Titan WRs/TEs, as well as the Patriot RBs, WRs, and TEs and both kickers. I just don't see a lot of points being scored in this game at all, and the Patriots will probably pull this one out in much the same manner as the Miami game a month ago.

-Jeff
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AF » Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:18 pm

I'm with you on the Rams offense, they should have a HUGE day in the dome. Faulk could have a monster of a game but I always hesitate with him because of Martz, you never know how much he is going to give the ball to Marshall.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk