Giants, Coughlin agree to 4-year, $12M contract - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Giants, Coughlin agree to 4-year, $12M contract

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby zombiez » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:25 am

Canacuna wrote:How does this affect Tiki's value? I think I remember Coughlin liking to use at least two RBs (James Stewart/Fragile Fred, Stacey Mack/Fragile Fred).

Is Thunder and Lightning going to make a comeback anytime soon?
........that was mostly done because Freddy was hurt, when he was healthy, Coughlin played him
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:32 am

TTTBone wrote:Good personnel guy, and the Giants defintely need to make some personnel changes. Bad chemistry right now. Coughlin took an expansion Jags team and got them to the playoffs 4 of their first 5 years. Bad coaches can't do that. ;-D

Actually, the NFL stacked that expansion team. I think the success of Jacksonville has much less to do with Caughlin than the situation they were in.
Also, didnt I here about Jacksonville plays being disgruntled with him this yr? If thats the case, those things will only be magnified in NY.
I really question this move by the Giants, but apparantly they wanted him all along.
Let me just say I dont think he will still be there in 3 yrs.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:38 pm

AF wrote:I can see the scene now, Tiki is sitting in a team meeting holding onto a football and is falling asleep while watching film. Another player sitting behind him punches the ball out from under his arm and a melee ensues as players are trying to get the ball so they can take it to coach for the reward.

Maybe this is a movie...

I wonder how the Giants will respond to his no-nonsense style. He has a rep for being very abrasive, how will that sit with the veterans in NY? I'm thinking they'll be wishing they'd kept Fossil in three years time.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:49 pm

moochman wrote:
AF wrote:I can see the scene now, Tiki is sitting in a team meeting holding onto a football and is falling asleep while watching film. Another player sitting behind him punches the ball out from under his arm and a melee ensues as players are trying to get the ball so they can take it to coach for the reward.

Maybe this is a movie...

I wonder how the Giants will respond to his no-nonsense style. He has a rep for being very abrasive, how will that sit with the veterans in NY? I'm thinking they'll be wishing they'd kept Fossil in three years time.

All depends on if the Giants are winning or not. If the Raiders had been winning this year, I doubt you'd heard many negative things about Bill Callahan.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:51 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
TTTBone wrote:Good personnel guy, and the Giants defintely need to make some personnel changes. Bad chemistry right now. Coughlin took an expansion Jags team and got them to the playoffs 4 of their first 5 years. Bad coaches can't do that. ;-D

Actually, the NFL stacked that expansion team. I think the success of Jacksonville has much less to do with Caughlin than the situation they were in.
Also, didnt I here about Jacksonville plays being disgruntled with him this yr? If thats the case, those things will only be magnified in NY.
I really question this move by the Giants, but apparantly they wanted him all along.
Let me just say I dont think he will still be there in 3 yrs.

That's a good point. These next few seasons will really determine if it was luck or good coaching in Jax. He's a Parcells guy, which is probably one of the fastest rising commodities the coming years due to his and Bellichick's success. The Parcells umbrella could soon overtake the Bill Walsh ex-assistants umbrella.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk