Dennis Green = Arizona Coach - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dennis Green = Arizona Coach

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dennis Green = Arizona Coach

Postby Canacuna » Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:30 pm

Just heard from ESPN...

I thought he was heading off to Oakland a few days ago. Did Arizona offer him a similar position that he had with the Vikings?

Good news for Boldin owners...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AF » Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:42 pm

Can he be the man to lead them out of the darkness? I doubt it, I see them being the same sorry team next year.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mannubhai » Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:50 pm

Dennis Green is a proven winner. Ask any Viking fan. He will change the Cardinals from losers/ spoilers to winners.
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby AF » Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:53 pm

Who's going to win those games for them? Boldin and Shipp? Who else do they have?
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mannubhai » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:00 pm

AF wrote:Who's going to win those games for them? Boldin and Shipp? Who else do they have?

Eli Manning might be there next year.
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby AF » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:03 pm

Will be interesting to see what happens but I don't see them making much of a jump next year. I can't remember a rookie QB coming into the league and turning a team around at anytime let alone in this day and age where games are so tight. I think in 3 years they could get to where the Bengles are now but more then 4 or 5 wins next year will be shocking unless they hit the FA market hardcore.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mannubhai » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:09 pm

AF wrote:Will be interesting to see what happens but I don't see them making much of a jump next year. I can't remember a rookie QB coming into the league and turning a team around at anytime let alone in this day and age where games are so tight. I think in 3 years they could get to where the Bengles are now but more then 4 or 5 wins next year will be shocking unless they hit the FA market hardcore.

I think the Cardinals will be what the Seahawks are now in the next 2 years. Win all home games in the desert, win A road game, pray, make the playoffs and put up a brave fight before going down in the first round.
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Purple_Pride » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:29 pm

Dennis Green is a winner. he coached in Minny for 10 years and made 8 play-off appearances. he won games with every QB thrust into the starting lineup. an irratic Rich Gannon, Sean Salisbury, a washed Warren Moon, ditto randall Cunningham and Jeff Goerge, Brad Johnson and DC. He is taking a large rle in player selection you can bet your house that he will take a QB first round (Eli Manning). Boldin will be to Arizona what Green made Carter to Minnesota. Shipp is a servicaeble Rb and they will quite likely take another WR in the 2nd round or sign someone in FA. Dennis knows how to win. I like this move a lot and Arizona becomes my second fav team. (even after what they did to my vikes just a couple short weeks ago.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Canacuna » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:30 pm

I'm a pretty big fan of Dennis Green. I think he can make good things happen with any offense. I think the Cardinals will take a QB in the draft because of Green's ability to use them well (Jeff George). Given time and a little financial support, I think Green can turn around that franchise. The defense will still get trounced, but the offense should be respectable.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Purple_Pride » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:44 pm

you're right canacuna. Green is defintely offence first and defence second but he will do what it takes to win. first things first though he will build up the offence.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk