Return to Football Talk

Dennis Green = Arizona Coach

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:18 pm

2nd post on this...
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:20 pm

a ding dang doo...sorry fellas,,,,,,,,,well only 4 more to go to match the Gibbs story......hehehe
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:22 pm

Where's Homey when you need posts merged? ;-)
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Roseman » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:25 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:a ding dang doo...sorry fellas,,,,,,,,,well only 4 more to go to match the Gibbs story......hehehe

Well the Gibbs story is big news is deserves 4 threads or so!!!
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby Homeless » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:38 am

Guttpuppy wrote:Where's Homey when you need posts merged? ;-)

LOL ok im getting to it ;-)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby slowkidz » Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:27 am

homey was slow on a merge for once?!?! :-o

Green will be a good match for Arizona. McNown isn't the future for them, so I'm sure they'll draft a qb early, and Eli is a good choice. Boldin will suffice, and Shipp could be serviceable. Maybe Green can get Emmitt to retire now before it's too late. ;-)
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:11 am

Slowkidz wrote:homey was slow on a merge for once?!?! :-o

Green will be a good match for Arizona. McNown isn't the future for them, so I'm sure they'll draft a qb early, and Eli is a good choice. Boldin will suffice, and Shipp could be serviceable. Maybe Green can get Emmitt to retire now before it's too late. ;-)

Why isn't McCown the future for them? He is the one that led the comeback win drive (Jake the Snake style) against Minnesota. He looked damn good doing it too. It's early to write a guy off after starting only 3 games.

I look at the talent Zona has and how well they played at home this year, they could be an 8-8 team right out of the box. Whether they can improve depends, not so much on Dennis Green, but on Bidwell.

Also, Shipp has a nice backup in Damien Anderson. Assuming he comes out of that car accident okay, he could carry the load effictively if Shipp goes down in 04.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby slowkidz » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:32 am

KingGhidra wrote:Why isn't McCown the future for them? He is the one that led the comeback win drive (Jake the Snake style) against Minnesota. He looked damn good doing it too. It's early to write a guy off after starting only 3 games.

one good game also doesn't mean he is the future. i just don't see an NFL QB there. now if he makes huge strides over the offseason and can prove me wrong, then by all means do it...but it's mho that AZ should draft a good young arm.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:48 am

Purple_Pride wrote:id bet my own life that Green goes offensive with his first pick. he build s his teams offence out.

I agree. Denny was never a guy to build upon Defense. That is why I didn't think he would go to Washington or Buffalo. I think the Raiders shoul hire McGinnis. He is a good coach or at least somebody should hire him as a coordinator. I think the Cards are still like 3 years away from being a playoff contender no matter who is the coach.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:00 am

Slowkidz wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:Why isn't McCown the future for them? He is the one that led the comeback win drive (Jake the Snake style) against Minnesota. He looked damn good doing it too. It's early to write a guy off after starting only 3 games.

one good game also doesn't mean he is the future. i just don't see an NFL QB there. now if he makes huge strides over the offseason and can prove me wrong, then by all means do it...but it's mho that AZ should draft a good young arm.

It just seems wasteful to me to draft a QB when they already drafted one in 2002. AZ doesn't know if he is gonna be good or not, so why waste the pick and the money drafting a QB they don't need (yet).
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk