Dennis Green = Arizona Coach - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dennis Green = Arizona Coach

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby slowkidz » Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:12 am

KingGhidra wrote:
dgroundhog wrote:I think he should take Manning, but I don't think he will. They need so much more than a QB. Eli Manning's value is sky high, and Denny would likely prefer a guy with mobility. I'm just saying I see a possibility they would trade the pick and move down in the draft.

I think that's the most likely scenario also. The #3 draft spot is too expensive for anything but a OT, QB, WR or RB which Zona probably doesn't need right now.

i could see this happening too. which is fine by me, because Cleveland needs an O-man badly!! I'd love to see them get Taylor or Gallery. How bout we get Denny to talk to Butch here soon? ;-) :-D
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Go Vikes » Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:35 pm

Dennis Green, WHY can't he still be a Viking??????????????????/
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:50 pm

Go Vikes wrote:Dennis Green, WHY can't he still be a Viking??????????????????/

I dunno. He only had 1 losing season (his last). He won at least 10 games the 3 previous years and had been in the NFC Championship game twice. Probably their best coach since Bud Grant. I understand arguments about him not being able to win late in the playoffs, but how many coaches(Dave Wannstadt anyone?), can't even get to the playoffs, much less deep in the playoffs.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TTTBone » Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:27 pm

Go Vikes wrote:Dennis Green, WHY can't he still be a Viking??????????????????/

I seem to recall most of the fans and media wanting the guy run outta town. "Take a knee."
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:17 am

Dennis Green was a joke as a coach. He couldn't manage the clock, he didn't have control of his team, he brought the circus of a media feud, a management feud, sexual harrassment charges, his idiot buddy Richard Solomon, and he stunk on the drums to boot.

The guy was a complete head case. The Vikings should have had one of either Tony Dungy or Brian Billick as their HC, but the timing didn't work out and we got stuck with Denny and Tice.

Good riddance Denny. He'll jump from Arizona as soon as he can get a NFL coaching gig in CA.

--and I'm pretty sure we only reached 1 NFC championship game with Denny. We lost to the Falcons,, it's been a LONG while since we were there before that. His overall record was decent. What surrounded Denny was a mess that eventually spilled onto the field.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:08 am

dgroundhog wrote:Dennis Green was a joke as a coach. He couldn't manage the clock, he didn't have control of his team, he brought the circus of a media feud, a management feud, sexual harrassment charges, his idiot buddy Richard Solomon, and he stunk on the drums to boot.

The guy was a complete head case. The Vikings should have had one of either Tony Dungy or Brian Billick as their HC, but the timing didn't work out and we got stuck with Denny and Tice.

Good riddance Denny. He'll jump from Arizona as soon as he can get a NFL coaching gig in CA.

--and I'm pretty sure we only reached 1 NFC championship game with Denny. We lost to the Falcons,, it's been a LONG while since we were there before that. His overall record was decent. What surrounded Denny was a mess that eventually spilled onto the field.

What about that one against the Giants when you got toasted 41-0 or something similarly ridiculous.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Purple_Pride » Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:55 am

yes with Dennis Green we made two NFC title games. and all yall can say whatever you want about Dennis Green but he consistantly brought us to the playoffs. but if you say Green was a bad coach the what does that make Mike Tice??? i do wish Green was still in Minny cause the coach we have now makes Green look like Tom Laundry (except black)
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:14 pm

Purple_Pride wrote:yes with Dennis Green we made two NFC title games. and all yall can say whatever you want about Dennis Green but he consistantly brought us to the playoffs. but if you say Green was a bad coach the what does that make Mike Tice??? i do wish Green was still in Minny cause the coach we have now makes Green look like Tom Laundry (except black)

and no Fedora
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TTTBone » Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:03 pm

dgroundhog wrote:Dennis Green was a joke as a coach. He couldn't manage the clock, he didn't have control of his team, he brought the circus of a media feud, a management feud, sexual harrassment charges, his idiot buddy Richard Solomon, and he stunk on the drums to boot.

These are the viking fans I remember from the Denny era.

Decent coach, but kind of an egomaniac and a-hole. Arizona fans should pray very hard that he doesn't bring his clueless buddy Solomon with him.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:56 am

KingGhidra wrote:What about that one against the Giants when you got toasted 41-0 or something similarly ridiculous.

...I've tried to forget about that game.

As long as you corrected me and brought it up, Denny threw out some wild accusations about the Giants 'eavesdropping' on the Vikings play calling. Take it like a man.

Denny's feud with the local media is half the media's fault. Too many squishy, balding, whiny sportswriters who bring their personal issues to work. The whole thing was just too ugly to watch.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk