Ol' Wigglefinger Carter. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ol' Wigglefinger Carter.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Homeless » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:45 am

I love stuff like that, didnt Doug Johnson notice something similar about Pat ramsey in the 2nd game of the season ? (I know thats going back a ways LOL)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby moochman » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:17 am

Wasn't that the real reason they sat Ramsey in Washington, tipping off the snap? It seems he was saying Lord help me and wetting himself.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby slowkidz » Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:17 am

moochman wrote:Wasn't that the real reason they sat Ramsey in Washington, tipping off the snap? It seems he was saying Lord help me and wetting himself.

wouldn't you? :-o

the guy got trampled to death every snap...lol
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:13 am

moochman wrote:Wasn't that the real reason they sat Ramsey in Washington, tipping off the snap? It seems he was saying Lord help me and wetting himself.

hehe

Him and Drew Brees really had the worst of it this year.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Arlo » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:55 am

Sounds like Rucker just made himself a candidate for a coaching spot after he retires... ;-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:08 am

KingGhidra wrote:

hehe

There aren't too many underpaid athletes around, but those two couldn't be getting enough for the years of mobility they no longer have. Marino used to buy his O-line gifts after the season, you'd think their O-line should at least pay for their future convalescent homes.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:11 am

moochman wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:

hehe

There aren't too many underpaid athletes around, but those two couldn't be getting enough for the years of mobility they no longer have. Marino used to buy his O-line gifts after the season, you'd think their O-line should at least pay for their future convalescent homes.

If I were an olineman, I'd want more than Isotoner gloves. ;)
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:18 am

Arlo wrote:Sounds like Rucker just made himself a candidate for a coaching spot after he retires... ;-)

I didnt watch this game, but I caught highlights and have read about it. It seems that this game was pretty much won by the CAR D. They pressured Quincy relentlessly and never allowed DAL to get into an offensive groove. Does that pretty much sum up the game for those of you who watched it?

I guess what Im getting at is - would it be too far of a stretch to say that CAR used this snap-count jump so effectively that it overruled the normal elements of a game plan?
What kind of impact did Rucker's observation have in winning this game? 25%? 75%?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:19 am

KingGhidra wrote:If I were an olineman, I'd want more than Isotoner gloves. ;)

Point well taken, times were a little different. That said, I would have rather have had LT(Lawrence Taylor) buying me the gloves and a couple of Hos to help me put them on!

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:31 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Arlo wrote:Sounds like Rucker just made himself a candidate for a coaching spot after he retires... ;-)

I didnt watch this game, but I caught highlights and have read about it. It seems that this game was pretty much won by the CAR D. They pressured Quincy relentlessly and never allowed DAL to get into an offensive groove. Does that pretty much sum up the game for those of you who watched it?

I guess what Im getting at is - would it be too far of a stretch to say that CAR used this snap-count jump so effectively that it overruled the normal elements of a game plan?
What kind of impact did Rucker's observation have in winning this game? 25%? 75%?

Yeah, like I said earlier it was unbelievable. So many times the defense got off the snap so quick I thought it HAD to be offsides. It literally was like they were in the huddle and knew the snap count.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk