Mora Jr to Falcons - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mora Jr to Falcons

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Purple_Pride » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:12 pm

Shatner8 wrote:Man this is getting bad, when people are picking the Cards over the 49ers. Are they really that sad?

well you only won 3 more games than zona last year, now they hired a good experienced coach and have the #3 pick. SF will lose its best WR, prehaps their QB and have lost both coordinators. it doesnt look good for the niners. sorry shatner
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Shatner8 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:19 pm

Ya, i hate to say it but i next year could be a long NFL season for me.
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:25 pm

Purple_Pride wrote:
Shatner8 wrote:Man this is getting bad, when people are picking the Cards over the 49ers. Are they really that sad?

well you only won 3 more games than zona last year, now they hired a good experienced coach and have the #3 pick. SF will lose its best WR, prehaps their QB and have lost both coordinators. it doesnt look good for the niners. sorry shatner

Also the fact that you hired a head coach that had no credentials worthy of being rehired doesn't bode well either (think Wannstadt).
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mannubhai » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:28 pm

I am not sure it is good news for Atlanta Falcons. Nobody is gonna be excited. Especially when their part owner sells his rights and goes to coach another team. I am talking about Joe Gibbs who could have been the Falcons coach if he wanted to. But his love for Redskins brought him to D.C .

As for SF, look like they are to become the whopping boys of the NFL. and Arizona will make the playoffs by 2005. ;-D
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Mora Jr to Falcons

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:40 pm

Roseman wrote:
Purple_Pride wrote:just read on CNN that three sources have confirmed that Mora Jr will be the new head coach in atlanta and he will bring Greg Knapp along as Offensive coordinator. i dont know about you but this one surprises me a fair bit.

I just read that Knapp is interviewing for the Oakland Job

But I like the hire of Mora Jr for the Falcons he is a great young mind that might be able to do to the Falcons what Marvin Lewis did for the Bengals!!!!

What happened to the Falcons had nothing to do with their coach. If More can keep Vick healthy, then they could be a playoff team, if not, they will have a repeat of this year.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby deftdelivery » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:16 pm

mannubhai wrote:As for SF, look like they are to become the whopping boys of the NFL.

lol, like the cheeseburger?
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:42 pm

I don't think this would be a bad move for Atlanta at all, but I guess we will see next year. I will say that the Falcons will have a better record than Arizona and San Fran.

But I think it's very possible, with Green, the draft, Shipp, and Boldin, that the Cards could do better than the 9ers next year.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby slowkidz » Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:45 am

VHawk15 wrote:I don't think this would be a bad move for Atlanta at all, but I guess we will see next year. I will say that the Falcons will have a better record than Arizona and San Fran.

But I think it's very possible, with Green, the draft, Shipp, and Boldin, that the Cards could do better than the 9ers next year.

I agree with that point. AZ has a great foothold for a turnaround, while SF seems to be dead in the water. SF has some good young talent to replace TO, but it will take some time to regain what has been lost with their recent O/D departures.

I like MJ with the Falcons. Atlanta put together a good defense a season ago, although you wouldn't really know it by looking at them this year. MJ will bring a new attitude to this team. One that they've needed. I like Reeves, but he just didn't seem to be the man for the job down there.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby latraffic » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:09 am

Mora Jr NOT in Oakland... :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~(
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:20 am

latraffic wrote:Mora Jr NOT in Oakland... :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~(

Has Fassel interviewed there yet?
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk