Hambrick - Not Out of Sight, but Out of Mind - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hambrick - Not Out of Sight, but Out of Mind

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hambrick - Not Out of Sight, but Out of Mind

Postby slowkidz » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:35 am

Hambrick's days in Dallas are not done, but he likely won't be the lead back heading into 2004. The Star-Telegram reports the team is interested in acquiring a lead back such as Duce Staley, Corey Dillon or Curtis Martin either through trade or free agency.
Fantasy Spin: Hambrick had his chance, and he didn't do much with it. It probably isn't even worth wasting a late-round pick on him. (Rob Hurtt/TSN)

I do like the idea of Dillon heading south. But having Martin re-unite with Parcells could be something extraordinary. :-?
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Football Newbie » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:45 am

i dont care where dillon goes. RUDI RUDI RUDI!!!!
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Gunslinger » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:53 am

Football Newbie wrote:i dont care where dillon goes. RUDI RUDI RUDI!!!!

LOL, agreed! ;-D
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby DUKE » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:15 pm

amen brotha! But later in the draft, they should draft a running back for insurance.....not in the first couple of rds., but you can find some quality rb's in the later rds. if you play your cards right, alah Lee Suggs, O-Smith, Dom.Davis.....
Hambrick looked slow and out of shape this year. He reminded me of NFL-RonDayne.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Re: Hambrick - Not Out of Sight, but Out of Mind

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:24 pm

Slowkidz wrote:
Hambrick's days in Dallas are not done, but he likely won't be the lead back heading into 2004. The Star-Telegram reports the team is interested in acquiring a lead back such as Duce Staley, Corey Dillon or Curtis Martin either through trade or free agency.
Fantasy Spin: Hambrick had his chance, and he didn't do much with it. It probably isn't even worth wasting a late-round pick on him. (Rob Hurtt/TSN)

I do like the idea of Dillon heading south. But having Martin re-unite with Parcells could be something extraordinary. :-?

As good as Martin looked the last 3/4 of this season, I'm sure Parcells could squeeze 2-3 seasons more of productivity out of him. If I were the Cowboys, I'd rather have Buckhalter than Staley, but I doubt Reid lets both of them go.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Homeless » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:27 pm

From a fantasy stand point i'd love to see Staley in Dallas, I think he will do VERY well there in 04.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby moochman » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:22 pm

Homeless wrote:From a fantasy stand point i'd love to see Staley in Dallas, I think he will do VERY well there in 04.

I think Staley will do well almost anywhere he goes. With Westbrook out, he should get the third down runs this weekend. Bet he has a big game.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby deftdelivery » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:46 pm

DUKE wrote:

amen brotha! But later in the draft, they should draft a running back for insurance.....not in the first couple of rds., but you can find some quality rb's in the later rds. if you play your cards right, alah Lee Suggs, O-Smith, Dom.Davis.....
Hambrick looked slow and out of shape this year. He reminded me of NFL-RonDayne.

I completely agree - bringing in a veteran helps, but they need some youth with speed and agility to help them out...an explosion off the bench would be a huge plus
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Go Vikes » Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:25 pm

DUKE wrote:

you can find some quality rb's in the later rds. if you play your cards right, alah Lee Suggs, O-Smith, Dom.Davis.....

Yes, if you take a chance, it will pay off. O. Smith was considered first round talent, but he had character troubles. The coaches at Minny think he is a good guy. He turned it around, unlike William Green. If the 'boys can find a troubled back but they think they can turn his personality better, then take a shot at him.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk