Favre Bashing in Philly. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Favre Bashing in Philly.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Buckychudd » Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:52 pm

Anonymous wrote:But frankly, I respect him, but a lot of my respect went away when he laid down for strahan. Basically he and strahan conspired to lie, as strahan DID NOT earn that sack record, and farve helped him claim something he didn;t deserve.

I forgot about that one, that was a very cheesy (pun intended) move. It should have been pursued by the media more than it was, but Farve basically got out of that one because many sports writers idolize him.

Well, donovan is also about as classy as it gets.

Agreed, everything I've seen and read about McNabb has given me a lot of respect for him.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:21 pm

Yea I notice how the people bashing Favre are mostly Vikings and Eagles fans.
I suppose the Vikings and bitter about how they missed the playoffs by virtue of losing to Arizona and the fact Favre has more Superbowl rings on one finger than the Vikings have in their history as an organization.
Philly fans are probably bashing him because they're playing him today, and while Donovan McNabb and the Philadelphia organization are classy and a great club, the fans in Philadelphia are not. Anyone remember Michael Irvin down on the field, others fearing paralysis, and the fans in Philly cheering? Yea, real classy guys.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Purple_Pride » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:33 pm

come on chessehead we are just looking at the facts. whenever moss does something they talk about him like he's osama. with favre, no one is questioning his football abilities. i think all anyone is getting at is that becasuse the media have their heads rammed so far up Favres ass that his questionable behaviour goes unquestioned. off the football field he should not be a role model, he's overcome an addictiona nd good for him but he shows no remorse and makes fun of the institutions that are there to help with these problems (drug rehab). all im saying is that as good as a football player he is, he is not a role model.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:43 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Yea I notice how the people bashing Favre are mostly Vikings and Eagles fans.
I suppose the Vikings and bitter about how they missed the playoffs by virtue of losing to Arizona and the fact Favre has more Superbowl rings on one finger than the Vikings have in their history as an organization.
Philly fans are probably bashing him because they're playing him today, and while Donovan McNabb and the Philadelphia organization are classy and a great club, the fans in Philadelphia are not. Anyone remember Michael Irvin down on the field, others fearing paralysis, and the fans in Philly cheering? Yea, real classy guys.

Cheesehead, Why are you so surprised about the Vikes fans not liking Favre? This is one of the most hated rivalries, the fans obviously hate the other team. Go ask a Raider or Chief fan if they like each other, they will respond the same way. What do you expect, us to say, yes we love Favre and we think he is a great person??? I can't stand the Packers. There is not a team in the NFL I would root for the Pack against. I never have and never will like them at all. it doesn't matter who plays for them. I respect Favre but will never like him. That is just the way it is.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby The Super Freak » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:14 am

LOL the truth comes out!!!!!! and people say moss is bad :-°
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby NFLknowitall » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:29 am

Donovan McNabb..... I just can't get into a guy who always walks around Phili in his Eagles uniform with his Mom and bugging people to eat Chucky Soup in the Super Market or Junk Yard. Then wanting to smash cars and stuff. I can't stand that guy! lol.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:31 am

NFLknowitall wrote:Donovan McNabb..... I just can't get into a guy who always walks around Phili in his Eagles uniform with his Mom and bugging people to eat Chucky Soup in the Super Market or Junk Yard. Then wanting to smash cars and stuff. I can't stand that guy! lol.

LOL, terrible guy...I can't stand John Lynch, I can't support guys that walk into people's houses and force them to eat Chunky Soup and then brake their furniture...LOL
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby THEBLITZ » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:27 am

Favre has a rough past. He had an alcohol problem and an addiction to Vicodin. But he overcame it. The comment in the article about the chapter in his book is a lie. I own the book and there is nothing like that in there. As far as comments about his family...to me, that is classless and irrelevant. If Donovan McNabb's brother was a mass murderer, that tells me nothing about Donovan. They are different people. Actually, it makes me respect them more. Favre grew up in a family that had problems. His siblings ended up messing up their lives. Brett started down that path, realized what he was doing, and turned his life around. To me, that IS a role model. Nobody's perfect. Everyone has crap in their life that they wish wasn't there. It's the people that overcome that stuff and make themselves better that are the people that I look up to.
THEBLITZ

Friendliness: %

Postby TTTBone » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:37 pm

THEBLITZ wrote:Favre has a rough past. He had an alcohol problem and an addiction to Vicodin. But he overcame it. The comment in the article about the chapter in his book is a lie. I own the book and there is nothing like that in there. As far as comments about his family...to me, that is classless and irrelevant. If Donovan McNabb's brother was a mass murderer, that tells me nothing about Donovan. They are different people. Actually, it makes me respect them more. Favre grew up in a family that had problems. His siblings ended up messing up their lives. Brett started down that path, realized what he was doing, and turned his life around. To me, that IS a role model. Nobody's perfect. Everyone has crap in their life that they wish wasn't there. It's the people that overcome that stuff and make themselves better that are the people that I look up to.

Hmmm... pretty well stated, for a guest.
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:41 pm

M_Zimm wrote:
NFLknowitall wrote:Donovan McNabb..... I just can't get into a guy who always walks around Phili in his Eagles uniform with his Mom and bugging people to eat Chucky Soup in the Super Market or Junk Yard. Then wanting to smash cars and stuff. I can't stand that guy! lol.

LOL, terrible guy...I can't stand John Lynch, I can't support guys that walk into people's houses and force them to eat Chunky Soup and then brake their furniture...LOL

I don't even LIKE Campbell's soup. I prefer Progresso.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk