Favre Bashing in Philly. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Favre Bashing in Philly.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Buckychudd » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:49 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:
NFLknowitall wrote:Donovan McNabb..... I just can't get into a guy who always walks around Phili in his Eagles uniform with his Mom and bugging people to eat Chucky Soup in the Super Market or Junk Yard. Then wanting to smash cars and stuff. I can't stand that guy! lol.

LOL, terrible guy...I can't stand John Lynch, I can't support guys that walk into people's houses and force them to eat Chunky Soup and then brake their furniture...LOL

I don't even LIKE Campbell's soup. I prefer Progresso.

Ummm, but Campbell's Chunky Sirloin Burger is sooooo good.
:-D
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:56 pm

M_Zimm wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Yea I notice how the people bashing Favre are mostly Vikings and Eagles fans.
I suppose the Vikings and bitter about how they missed the playoffs by virtue of losing to Arizona and the fact Favre has more Superbowl rings on one finger than the Vikings have in their history as an organization.
Philly fans are probably bashing him because they're playing him today, and while Donovan McNabb and the Philadelphia organization are classy and a great club, the fans in Philadelphia are not. Anyone remember Michael Irvin down on the field, others fearing paralysis, and the fans in Philly cheering? Yea, real classy guys.

Cheesehead, Why are you so surprised about the Vikes fans not liking Favre? This is one of the most hated rivalries, the fans obviously hate the other team. Go ask a Raider or Chief fan if they like each other, they will respond the same way. What do you expect, us to say, yes we love Favre and we think he is a great person??? I can't stand the Packers. There is not a team in the NFL I would root for the Pack against. I never have and never will like them at all. it doesn't matter who plays for them. I respect Favre but will never like him. That is just the way it is.

oh zimm, dont get me wrong i realize the hatred between the two organizations. you dont know how much it pained me to see gus frerotte launching bombs to moss all over the place. moss, a guy who i have so much respect for as a player, yet so little respect for as a person. it was one of the sweeter moments of my 16-year life watching nathan poole nab that pass, killing the vikings dreams and giving the packers a chance. and besides how could anyone dislike favre after seeing that commercial.
"shoulda double-bagged it" that must have even made viking fans give a hearty laugh, that is if they have a heart.
lol
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby THE BLITZ » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 pm

TTTBone wrote:
THEBLITZ wrote:Favre has a rough past. He had an alcohol problem and an addiction to Vicodin. But he overcame it. The comment in the article about the chapter in his book is a lie. I own the book and there is nothing like that in there. As far as comments about his family...to me, that is classless and irrelevant. If Donovan McNabb's brother was a mass murderer, that tells me nothing about Donovan. They are different people. Actually, it makes me respect them more. Favre grew up in a family that had problems. His siblings ended up messing up their lives. Brett started down that path, realized what he was doing, and turned his life around. To me, that IS a role model. Nobody's perfect. Everyone has crap in their life that they wish wasn't there. It's the people that overcome that stuff and make themselves better that are the people that I look up to.

Hmmm... pretty well stated, for a guest.

Well, I'm not really a guest, it just didn't log me in automatically today for some reason and I didn't feel like going back after I realized it.
THE BLITZ
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby awwchrist » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:55 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:oh no,,,not the role model and athletes talk again....

Charles Barkley is the greatest of all- time.

I loved Charles Barkley and miss him greatly.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:53 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Yea I notice how the people bashing Favre are mostly Vikings and Eagles fans.
I suppose the Vikings and bitter about how they missed the playoffs by virtue of losing to Arizona and the fact Favre has more Superbowl rings on one finger than the Vikings have in their history as an organization.
Philly fans are probably bashing him because they're playing him today, and while Donovan McNabb and the Philadelphia organization are classy and a great club, the fans in Philadelphia are not. Anyone remember Michael Irvin down on the field, others fearing paralysis, and the fans in Philly cheering? Yea, real classy guys.

Cheesehead, Why are you so surprised about the Vikes fans not liking Favre? This is one of the most hated rivalries, the fans obviously hate the other team. Go ask a Raider or Chief fan if they like each other, they will respond the same way. What do you expect, us to say, yes we love Favre and we think he is a great person??? I can't stand the Packers. There is not a team in the NFL I would root for the Pack against. I never have and never will like them at all. it doesn't matter who plays for them. I respect Favre but will never like him. That is just the way it is.

oh zimm, dont get me wrong i realize the hatred between the two organizations. you dont know how much it pained me to see gus frerotte launching bombs to moss all over the place. moss, a guy who i have so much respect for as a player, yet so little respect for as a person. it was one of the sweeter moments of my 16-year life watching nathan poole nab that pass, killing the vikings dreams and giving the packers a chance. and besides how could anyone dislike favre after seeing that commercial.
"shoulda double-bagged it" that must have even made viking fans give a hearty laugh, that is if they have a heart.
lol

I personally can't stand that commercial but it was funny the first time I saw it. I can't stand Favre, I don't like him as a person, I don't like him as a player. I do respect him. What he has done in his career is amazing, so many records and he plays with all his heart and gives all he has. That does not mean I like him.

As to Nathan Poole, I can relate fully, I was almost as happy when the Eagles converted the fourth and 26 and made that FG to beat the Packers as I was when the Vikes got the the NFC championshop games a couple years back. It also made me almost as sick when the Packers won last week as when the Vikings lost to the Falcons in the '98 NFC championship game. I hate the Packers almost as much as I like the Vikings. that is just how it is. But yes, I do respect Favre...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:39 am

M_Zimm wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:

lol

I personally can't stand that commercial but it was funny the first time I saw it. I can't stand Favre, I don't like him as a person, I don't like him as a player. I do respect him. What he has done in his career is amazing, so many records and he plays with all his heart and gives all he has. That does not mean I like him.

As to Nathan Poole, I can relate fully, I was almost as happy when the Eagles converted the fourth and 26 and made that FG to beat the Packers as I was when the Vikes got the the NFC championshop games a couple years back. It also made me almost as sick when the Packers won last week as when the Vikings lost to the Falcons in the '98 NFC championship game. I hate the Packers almost as much as I like the Vikings. that is just how it is. But yes, I do respect Favre...

Is that Favre's wife in the commercial too or just some model they got to walk with him?
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby awwchrist » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:00 am

that's his wife.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous