Corey Dillon - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Corey Dillon

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Buckychudd » Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:45 pm

terpfan wrote:im not sure im all that excited on dillon coming to washington... i dont think i would bash the move tho we do need a rb.

Yeah, I've always felt that Dillon was a bit overrated.....but what other good RBs are going to be availible next year? I mean Staley.....come on, talk about overrated. Maybe CMart, but he's getting a bit old.....
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:18 pm

Buckychudd wrote:
terpfan wrote:im not sure im all that excited on dillon coming to washington... i dont think i would bash the move tho we do need a rb.

Yeah, I've always felt that Dillon was a bit overrated.....but what other good RBs are going to be availible next year? I mean Staley.....come on, talk about overrated. Maybe CMart, but he's getting a bit old.....

I like CMart more than Staley. I'd never call Dillon overrated. He was very consistent for 6 seasons on one of the worst teams in football. I just age discriminate. Neither of those 3 guys are appealing to me as a fan.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby steelyeri » Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:25 pm

Hope he goes to dallas and has to put up with parcels. That way he'll really have something to whine about. Cry babies don't belong in the silver and black.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:46 pm

KingGhidra wrote:Dillon has two years left on his contract. He is a 30 year old RB that would count over $4mil towards the salary cap.

That's exactly right.
Corey bitched for 2 years about Cincinnati, then resigned for the $.
Dillon is feast or famine during the season - and everyone knows it. And this season's injuries don't help things much.
This will be a tuff sell for the Bengals - and I doubt any team will simply pick up his existing contract (which Dillon won't like), much less offering a pay raise.
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby JimmyChoi » Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:07 pm

I think Dillon is a hell of a RB...but he is also a whiney bitch......this guy cries more than my 8 year old cousin ..and she got kicked in the head at her soccer game :-o
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Football Newbie » Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:14 pm

JimmyChoi wrote:I think Dillon is a hell of a RB...but he is also a whiney bitch......this guy cries more than my 8 year old cousin ..and she got kicked in the head at her soccer game :-o

LOL!
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Super Freak » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:04 am

Buckychudd wrote:

i don't think he is overrated he has had 1,000 yds every year except for this year that is special right there
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby NFLknowitall » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:41 am

You guys have to look at his age, attitude, contract and ability. We know he will cost a lot, most likely won't restructure, isn't happy and will not be in Cinci next year. Teams like the 49ers and Raiders do not have the cap room to sign him. Believe me the 49ers would rather work out their contracts with Barlow, Peterson, Owens, Garcia, Plummer etc.... Same with Raiders and all of their FA's, not to mention Charles Woodson.

Dillion, Eddie George, Staley. Antowain Smith etc... will all most likley be FA's. Lots of backs out there and the NFL draft is also loaded with RB's that could start. It will be a great offseason.

I don't know were Dillon will go. But it easier to guess were he won't go and then go from there.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Buckychudd » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:27 am

The Super Freak wrote:
Buckychudd wrote:

i don't think he is overrated he has had 1,000 yds every year except for this year that is special right there

Big deal.....CMart has done it every year, and he's been in the league longer. LT2 has done it every year, and he's managed to get over 1,500 twice in three years. Portis has been in the league two years and had over 1,500 yds both years.

How many times has he had 1,500+ rush yards? Never
How many times has he led the league in rushing? Never
How many times did he finish in the top 5 in rushing? Once
How many times did he finish in the top 5 in rushing TDs? Once
How many times has he rushed for more than 10 TDs? Never

Rudi exposed Dillon for the overrated whiner that he is. Dillon can run well against weak defenses, but can get shut down against even average ones.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:20 pm

Buckychudd wrote:
The Super Freak wrote:
Buckychudd wrote:

Big deal.....CMart has done it every year, and he's been in the league longer. LT2 has done it every year, and he's managed to get over 1,500 twice in three years. Portis has been in the league two years and had over 1,500 yds both years.

How many times has he had 1,500+ rush yards? Never
How many times has he led the league in rushing? Never
How many times did he finish in the top 5 in rushing? Once
How many times did he finish in the top 5 in rushing TDs? Once
How many times has he rushed for more than 10 TDs? Never

Rudi exposed Dillon for the overrated whiner that he is. Dillon can run well against weak defenses, but can get shut down against even average ones.

He's averaged 1300 rushing yards over 6 seasons on a team that finishes 3-13. To me, he's doing something right. In his prime, on a better team, he could've finished top 5 in rushing all 6 seasons. Rushing TDs are a reflection of your offense. If your team is losing 13 games a season, you aren't scoring much, which means no players are racking up TDs.

Overrated? no
Whiner? absolutely
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk